November 2012 Moms

S/O Mirena

Who here is using Mirena? My OB is very pro-Mirena, but there's so many lawsuits with it that I'm a little hesitant to try it. I've had no issues with other forms of hormonal birth control like pills or NuvaRing, so I wouldn't expect this to have any strange side effects, but there are just SO many things out there against it. My OB uses it and said she bled for three months straight after getting it, but she hasn't had a period since 2008 (when she got it), which is obviously a pro.

Does anyone have anything to share? I want to try it, but I'm definitely nervous about all the possible negative side effects.

V|V TSP V|V
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: S/O Mirena

• I had it and loved it. The problems with it can come up when you have a poor insertion. I can't wait to get mine back in. Didnt have a period for four year!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • As stated in my previous post, the only problem that I've had since the insertion was nausea. I've read that that can be a side effect & will wear off (hopefully) after a few weeks. The insertion itself was pretty much painless, which is what I was worried about. 

If it makes you feel any better, my OB herself has the Mirena. Considering that she knows the risks as an OB made me feel much better about getting it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Getting mine inserted tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes and how i feel!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I'm getting it in a couple weeks. There are tons of lawsuits for Yasmin too, which I used for like 5 years with no issues. There are risks with anything you choose. As far as the side effects, it's basically ask the same things that can come with a regular period spotting, headaches, nausea, cramping, etc..

• Got mine in about ten days ago. I love it so far. It didn't hurt a bit and I had about a week of bloody mucus discharge. Have done the deed a few times with no issues. I'm on the lookout for side effects, but so far so good.

I have a few friends that have it and they all love it too.

My OB was also very pro mirena. Struck me as a little weird, but she listed off all the benefits when I asked her why she recommends it so highly. She seemed just genuinely enthusiastic about it, and I did ask her what she recommended out of all the options we discussed.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"