February 2013 Moms

still working?

Who's still working? I've been at work for 4 hrs today(retail) and I'm ready to pass out! I didn't think it would get this hard so fast. Last week I was okay but today I dont think I can work much longer. My Dr told me I'll know when I should cut back/stop working. Well guess what I can't tell if I'm just being a baby about it! LOL

Re: still working?

• I am exhausted teaching 2nd grade right now, but I am working right up until baby girl comes.  Right now, I am 35 weeks and due Feb 7th, which is a Thursday.  I scheduled my last day to be Feb. 8th...with DS1, he came 5 days late so I am hoping to be a little late with this little lady.  I know I can't control it and people may think I am crazy for wanting to be late, but it would really be a nice transition to end teaching on Friday instead of a Thursday.  We'll see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Still working and plan on working up until I go into labor.  I have a desk job so it's not too bad, but I typically walk the one mile each direction to and from work, which is getting difficult. 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Still teaching kindergarten and will until I go into labor.  With DD, I worked on Friday and she was born on Sunday.  
  • Still working, but deciding on when I should go out.  My commute is 1.5 hours each way, so I'm scared to work up to my due date, but also don't want to eat at my FMLA before he gets here...

• I am still working, both at a desk job and as a cheerleading coach.  Desk job ends Feb 1 (earlier if they find someone to replace me this month); coaching until I go into labor.  The desk job is just hard because I am tired and I talk to patients about the large amounts of money they owe our office (which isn't always pleasant); coaching is hard because I am still teaching routines and stunting technique and it requires a lot of movement (but I love doing it).  At first I wanted to work as much as I could (the more $$ the better), but now I am praying that my office hires my replacement ASAP.

• If I had to be on my feet all day I don't think I could go much longer either. I have a desk job so I'm also working until 2 days prior to my due date. Same here - I just don't want to take leave with out my baby in my arms.

• I'm lucky enough to work in a family business so my hours are very flexible. Right now I'm trying to keep my regular hours. I'll leave an hour or so early if I'm feeling really poorly (I have SPD). Lately, it's been harder and harder to keep my energy up but I plan on sticking it out until the baby decides to show up. Since it is only me and my father running the shop, I don't really plan on taking a formal maternity leave nor can we really afford to. It also helps that I live within a 1 mile radius of my parents, my DH's parents, both my sisters, both of DH's siblings, and the office. So, hopefully it won't be too difficult to keep things going both at home and at the shop.

• Still working and miserable. It is a desk job but with both babies breech and right on my ribs it's getting really uncomfotable and my ribs feel SORE. I'm hoping to use at least 1 week vacation before and be done on the 18th (if not sooner).
  • I have been very fortunate.  I am modified bed rest due to dilation around 29 weeks. My job is one I can do completely from home and my boss has been amazing allowing me to do so.  

It was a huge stress factor that I may have to uses some of my PTO, FLMA to go out of work early but so far I have been blessed to not have to. 

My doctor said he would prefer me to stop working completely by 37 weeks (end of this month) but my c-section will be scheduled for that week or one week later so I will hopefully work until the day before my scheduled c-section.  I don't want to waste any time off without the babies home. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm still working, but it's a desk job. 3 weeks ago I was ready to bed my OB to take my off of work for any reason at all. It was just a really rough, uncomfortable week. I'm doing better now, though still uncomfortable (I can no longer reach anything I drop on the floor, so I have a few pens down there right now). ;-) I have a c/s scheduled for Friday, Feb. 1st, and my last day at work is Wednesday, Jan 30th. I'm only planning on having one day off...and I have a doctor's appointment that day and also plan to schedule hair and pedi appointments.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm still working and plan to until baby boy's arrival.

I'm in an office environment, so I sit at my desk most of the day.  The only thing I've noticed is that I get tired quicker and would love to leave about 2:00 to go home and just rest.  :)

"Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still working and planning on working until I have the baby.
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Still working. I just have a desk job, so it's not a strain on my body or anything... but I am EXHAUSTED and just want to go to bed. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Me! I'm working up until I go into labor. We need the money and my job is pretty easy, I work in an office.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm still working too, although only part-time, which is a blessing. We can have some insanely busy days where I'm on my feet for 8+ hours (except for a half-hour lunch break, when I can get it) and I am completely wiped out after a day like that. My last day is scheduled for February 8 (a Friday) and my due date is February 12.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Going until I hatch as well!  I would love for a reason to stay home, but I know we need the money.  I could take up to 4 weeks off before my due date, but I am not planning on it because it is all unpaid.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Not me. My OB pulled me out of work last week for preterm labor. It's kind of bittersweet because I love my job, but as an ER nurse there is no "easy" place to be and my hospital doesn't do light duty, so I didn't really have other options. Originally I had planned to work up until delivery, but my baby had other plans.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • The plan is to work until I can't anymore.  I'm a teacher, and I don't want to use any sick days before baby gets here. However, I am sitting a lot more while I'm teaching, and have been on break since the 22nd of December, so we will see what it is like once I go back!  I'm hoping to at least make it through report cards and parent-teacher conferences (which I am doing early, so I can chat with the parents before I am gone for a whole quarter). 
  • I am also a teacher and I plan on working up until my due date, which is the 22nd. That is also the same day we start our winter vacation.
  • I have a unique situation, as I got laid off last year (as a teacher) and took a long term sub position this year as I know I wouldn't be working a full year anyway.  Well my sub position was up the Friday before Christmas, almost a month before it was supposed to.  I'm already bored!!
  • I'm still working! I have a desk job and work from home a few days a week... I am going to talk to my manager about working from home full time my last few weeks just so I am more comfortable.  Maternity work clothes are SO uncomfortable... and I have a fear of going into labor at work!
    Baby #1 Due 2/21/13!
  • You are my pregnancy twin!  I also have a desk job and am a cheerleading coach! I coach a competitive Jr High team of 14 and honestly its killing me.  Between the kids and the parents and the stress of competition (im highly competitive) im exhausting myself.  Sounds like you are planning to leave your desk job though and continue coaching...im doing the opposite.  I am due Feb. 12, Nationals for us is March 3rd, then I am retiring my pon poms.

Are you planning on returning to your desk job and coaching position after the baby is here?

• I plan on working up until the day she wants to come out. because it would be better for our budget, but I am exhausted I just wanna be able to relax in the comfort of our home and bed. But I have literally started a countdown only 22 more working days til she is due and then I will have plenty of time to be home cuddling up with my new baby! Good luck!

• sorry ladies...new to this whole posting thing...meant for my previous post to be directed to @ jkuhmann.

sorry again for the confusion, I get excited when someone is in the same boat as I am 

• I am still working as a nurse at a family practice/pediatric clinic. I am planning to work as long as i can so that i have as much FMLA time with the babies as i can. I am always up and moving around and by the end of the day i am pretty spent, some days are better then others, but i just keep thinking about having as much time with my babies as possble and it makes me a little les miserable Wink
  • I work in outside sales and I can set my own appointment schedule. I am due on Feb 19th, so I start my vacation on the first and then start "maternity leave" either February 25th or before that if LO comes earlier. I am officially counting down. 22 more work days until I am officially off. 56 weeks of maternity and vacation total... God bless Canada! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm still working. I work 9 hours on my feet since I'm a Phlebotomist. It is getting extremely hard!! I am counting down the weeks until my Maternity leave. I come home and try to prop up my feet whenever I can!
  • Still working. I teach and my last day is Feb 1 (due date the 2nd). I really don't think I'll make it though. I'm not so secretly hoping to go into labor the last week of Jan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm still working 12 hour rotating day/night shifts. I have 6 shifts left, 2 days, 2 nights then 2 days...I work in the ER as an RN and I am finding it increasingly difficult...but the end is in sight. I even did an emergency medivac and flew with a trauma the other day...don't think Ill be doing that again... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • All you ladies who work on your feet seriously amaze me. Like, seriously. You are warriors.

I sit on my butt all day (desk job), and still end up pretty tired during the week. I doubt you're being a baby about it. You have a baby INSIDE you, but you're not being a baby ;)  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm still work and will be until baby decides to come.
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

• imageizzyjenni:
    I am exhausted teaching 2nd grade right now, but I am working right up until baby girl comes.  Right now, I am 35 weeks and due Feb 7th, which is a Thursday.  I scheduled my last day to be Feb. 8th...with DS1, he came 5 days late so I am hoping to be a little late with this little lady.  I know I can't control it and people may think I am crazy for wanting to be late, but it would really be a nice transition to end teaching on Friday instead of a Thursday.  We'll see.

Same story.  I teach first grade and am due Feb 21st.  I will work until I go into labor.  DS came after an induction at 42 weeks, so I assume this baby will be late too.  I'm okay with that because we are also moving!  We close on our new house the last week of Jan.  I went out on my due date with DS and missed out on two weeks I could have had with baby just twiddling my thumbs at home.  I can't imagine work will be any more stressful than the last two weeks of vacation with a two year old at home! :)  I remember being more tired the first time around though.  I've gotten used to the sleep deprivation by now!  I was dragging the week before xmas though because I was still trying to do all the projects I would normally do, including crawl around on the floor tracing kids bodies to look like Emperor Penguins.  LOL  Learned my lesson the hard way...can't do it all anymore!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm still working. Due on feb 15th and I'm debating on just working until the end of Jan but I can't decide. Thought it might be nice to have a couple weeks off to prep and relax but it would be nice to get my entire paycheck instead of 55 percent from disability. I can't decide but I'm getting pretty uncomfortable after a full day. 
  • I work in an office. My original date to stop working was Jan. 25(one week before my schedule C-Section). Now I will stop Jan. 18, 2013. I am just do tired. Its hard to get up in the morning. My commute is 30 minutes to work and then 30 minutes home. Cant wait.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageilysarahd:
    Who's still working? I've been at work for 4 hrs today(retail) and I'm ready to pass out! I didn't think it would get this hard so fast. Last week I was okay but today I dont think I can work much longer. My Dr told me I'll know when I should cut back/stop working. Well guess what I can't tell if I'm just being a baby about it! LOL

I'm still working and will up until my due date or delivery, whichever comes first!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"