November 2012 Moms

Rec your makeup/tips please

I'm starting back to work next week and I know others have started or will be starting soon. I don't know about you ladies but I have some ugly dark circles under my eyes. I've never really been one to wear cover up or foundation so I need some help.

Any tips for getting rid of/hiding those dark circles? Any cover up you recommend?

Re: Rec your makeup/tips please

• I use Laura Mercier's camouflage (the travel size one that comes with powder). It lasts me about a year and covers really well. Two things 1) colour selection is a little limited, but you do get to blend the two colours in the pack 2) you need to  blend it on the back of your hand and let the concealer heat up a little before putting it under your eyes. You then can finish with the powder...which, in my experience, does not rest in wrinkles - very nice.

• ..and I use a tinted moisturizer by the same company...but I'm looking for a new tinted moisturizer as LM's leak really, really badly during air travel. When I was in my third trimester I wrote to the company informing them of the problem and got a note back "you are welcome to return it to the store from which you bought it". This led to a hormonally charged, no holds bar response from me :) Now I'm trying to make good on my promise to find a new tinted moisturizer.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Dermalogica foundation as concealer under my eyes. I have ALWAYS had dark and puffy under eye circles, and the foundation is nice and thick and doesn't budge. It's a little pricey, but I don't mind since I use such a small amount. I use BareMinerals as foundation... have been since 2003 and wouldn't dream of using anything else. Between those 2 items your skin can look even in 2 minutes.

FYI I also wear mascara, eyeliner, and mineral blush most days and the whole makeup routine can be done in 5 minutes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Look for a peachy undertone in your concealer to counter the dark purple/brown under eye colour. Benefits erase paste is good. Also, create a V shape under your eye down the side of your nose and blend out wards. Don't use a lighter shade if your eyes are puffy it will accentuate it. Hemorrhoid cream helps with puffiness. 

I use MAC face and body on the centre of my face only and blend. Pop some blush and highlight on my cheeks and concealer set with powder and do full eye makeup.  If I'm working (I'm a MUA) I do a full face of makeup. 

As pp said, Laura Mercier tinted foundation is lovely but not for Oily skin types. You can make your own TM with foundation and moisturizer or use a BB cream if you want something light. Skin79 is a popular one.  

• Drink lots of water...also Artistry has three good eye creams...the essentials one makes me look like I slept eight hours. I can literally see a difference in twenty minutes.

I prefer to treat problems on my face instead of covering them, but the suggestion above of using foundation with a little pink to it really works!
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • I use Makeup Forever's concealer. It's the only one I've ever found that doesn't settle into the creases or just slide right off. I use the regular concealer or mix it with the actual under eye concealer since its thicker and gives better coverage, which I definitely need these days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto the rec for benefit erase paste!

I also use NYX concealer that comes in the little round containers. They have a yellow shade that works on my circles.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Laura Merciers camouflage works wonders for me tho i do not let heat before applying. I use Becca Cosmetics sheer luminous coverage, then apply Camoflauge and then a powder. My holy trinity.

imagemaven212:
    I use Laura Mercier's camouflage the travel size one that comes with powder. It lasts me about a year and covers really well. Two things 1 colour selection is a little limited, but you do get to blend the two colours in the pack 2 you need tonbsp; blend it on the back of your hand and let the concealer heat up a little before putting it under your eyes. You then can finish with the powder...which, in my experience, does not rest in wrinkles very nice.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Try Becca cosmetics. Their Sheer luminous coverage is a tinted moisturizer. If you can't find it in a store you can submit a picture of yourself and answer some questions online and they will match your shade perfectly. I was skeptical but I have the perfect shade for my complexion.

imagemaven212:
    ..and I use a tinted moisturizer by the same company...but I'm looking for a new tinted moisturizer as LM's leak really, really badly during air travel. When I was in my third trimester I wrote to the company informing them of the problem and got a note back "you are welcome to return it to the store from which you bought it". This led to a hormonally charged, no holds bar response from me : Now I'm trying to make good on my promise to find a new tinted moisturizer.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • thanks, I'll give it a shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"