Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What's your day like? under 1 month

So for all you ladies what's your typical day like with a LO under a month and making a decent recovery?

Re: What's your day like? under 1 month

• We've had a terrible time with breastfeeding so I pump every 2-3 hours during the day and every 4 hours at night and syringe feed her. My recovery has been super easy. I only had a very small superficial tear and was up walking an hour after having DD (I went med free). I have been cooking and shopping everyday since I've had her. I'm tired, but she sleeps a lot and is a very easy baby so it hasn't been too bad!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We wake up and everyone has breakfast.  Cassidy usually falls asleep during this.  I catch up on the news and my older daughter usually plays or watches TV for a bit.  We go get dressed after the baby wakes up and eats again.  I try to do some activities with my eldest after, like painting, puzzles, dress-up or some craft.  I get the house picked up and do a little cleaning - today, I vacuumed the upstairs and scrubbed the tub.  We have lunch and then we play for a while.  I clean some more and we do bath time sometime before my husband gets home from work.  I also get dinner started and/or made by the time he gets home.  Cassidy gets tummy time and activity gym time a few times throughout the day.  She still sleeps a lot, and she prefers to be held during that time, so I do what I can with one arm!
  • Loading the player...
  • We usually wake up around 5 or 6am for LOs first feeding. She will usually fall asleep after this nursing session but if she doesn't, I will get up and start my day. My hubby usually is getting ready for work and having coffee at this time anyhow and it was the time I got up for work as well. I have been catching up on personal business as well during my days. My LO is 3 weeks old today and I have pretty much recovered from my C section (just mild pains here and there at my incision site). By 10am, LO is ready to be nursed again and after I feed, change and burp her, she will be up during the day and alert. She likes her bouncer chair which I place her in with vibrating mode on. She likes music so I play some Pandora for her (R&B, soul, jazz or lullabye stations). I have just started doing tummy time for her. She doesn't like it much but it's only been 2 or 3 times. Im sure she will adjust.  She's not too fussy. I can get alot of housework done while she relaxes on her own. She may or may not fall asleep in mid morning/early afternoon. She generally sleeps well though in 3-5 hour stents. 

• My first month was fairly difficult.  I recovered well, but had a 3rd degree tear, so I was quite uncomfortable for the first 3 or so weeks.

DS wasn't very good at entertaining himself and has always been wide awake for long stretches in the day so I was mostly spent with him using the bouncer, his activity gym or holding him on the couch.  When he did nap, I did laundry, picked up the house, dishes, food, etc.

However, he did sleep great at night past 2 weeks or so.  He STTN by 4 and was only up about once a night (through 6AM) since week 2.

I swear though, after 6 weeks, he was a different baby.  And he continues to get easier and easier every day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm impressed by the organized, cleaning and cooking people! I figure the first month is just survival mode. We've had a slew of parties--almost every day from just before Christmas to now--so that has kept us busy and we've spent days just getting everyone bathed and ready to head out the door, but that's wrapped up now. I try to just keep the baby happy and the other kids half-way under control plus manage lunch and a couple loads of laundry. If the nanny comes, I run a couple errands--i.e. grocery shop or Target or whatever. Also, if she comes, I try to make myself nap!!!

A lot depends on whether I get sleep at night. Today, the nanny's not here and I hardly slept at all last night so I am just trying to get the bigger kids fed, get them down for naps, and then HOPEFULLY the baby will actually sleep when put down so that I can get a nap, too. Dinner will probably be frozen pizza. :) 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We wake up for good around 7 or 8 and she eats, gets a diaper change, and gets dressed. Then we do tummy time because she is most alert and content around then. We snuggle for a bit and then she eats and get another diaper change around ten am. She eventually falls back asleep and I usually hold her or put her in a sling to do things around the house. She eats/gets a diaper change again around noon or so, and usually falls back asleep for an hour until she wants to eat again.

We basically cycle through her eating/diaper changes/sleeping until around six or seven, when she has her other really awake period and we do more tummy time or walk around with her in the ring sling. Then it's back to cycling through eating/sleeping again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a csection so my recovery has been a little slower and more painful and hubby is doing mostly everything around the house(Im so grateful).

As for routine LO wakes up every 4-5 hrs during night between 12a-7a to eat.Once 7a hits thru rest of day and night she eats every 2-3 hrs. She is just over 3 wks and eats 3 oz each feeding .

She is only wanting to sleep on our chests at night currently thru the night,during day she is in and out of sleeping for diffrent amounts of time each day in our arns ,her crib,bassinet, or her bouncy seat.Ive been fortunate to have hubby home for 3wks but when he goes back monday im sure it will be diffrent.

When she is awake we try to get in tummy time,face & talking time and just started walks 2 days ago as a family. We have been introducing music to her too, she loves baby mozart so far.

She is very alert when awake,a wiggle worm and lifts her head up a lot when on your shoulder when being held.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At around five in the morning, DS is wide awake and ready to go. I feed him, check the diaper and change him if need be. Some times, he will go back to sleep. If he does, I put him in the RnP by the bed and try and get another hour or so of sleep. If not, we go in the living room and begin our day.

He eats about two ounces every 3-4 hours, but if he's sleeping we usually just let him nap. He spends most of his time in our arms, but we are trying to put him in the RnP more, which has been pretty successful. We go through lots of outfit changes since he has this wonderful skill of peeing up his back, no matter how tight the diaper is (haha). I try and sleep whenever he sleeps, whether it's in the living room or in the bedroom. My mom also watches him for a little bit each day so I can nap or do whatever I have to do. DH usually stays up late at night due to his schedule so he watches/gets up with the baby then. My days run together so I feel like I don't have nights and days anymore haha. 

As for recovery, I'm feeling pretty good now. Actually can go a few hours wearing jeans again! Bleeding has almost completely ceased and I only experience pain if I do too much, like too much walking. 

Taking care of my LO is getting easier each day. I'm a FTM so all this is a new experience for me and I will say that while I thought I was prepared, I WAS NOT. haha. 

Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetinktink20:
    We wake up and everyone has breakfast.  Cassidy usually falls asleep during this.  I catch up on the news and my older daughter usually plays or watches TV for a bit.  We go get dressed after the baby wakes up and eats again.  I try to do some activities with my eldest after, like painting, puzzles, dress-up or some craft.  I get the house picked up and do a little cleaning - today, I vacuumed the upstairs and scrubbed the tub.  We have lunch and then we play for a while.  I clean some more and we do bath time sometime before my husband gets home from work.  I also get dinner started and/or made by the time he gets home.  Cassidy gets tummy time and activity gym time a few times throughout the day.  She still sleeps a lot, and she prefers to be held during that time, so I do what I can with one arm!

this exactly except we do ds's bath after dinner! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"