August 2011 Moms

Indoor Activities

Now that it is officially winter here in the Phila,PA area I have been trying to come up with fun things to do indoors with DD. The flu is in flu affect in our area so I am trying to avoid going to places for a little while.

What fun indoor things does your lo enjoy? I don't mind messy or set-up/clean-up. The more active the better for DD, I am trying to wear her out. We borrowed an indoor ball pit just waiting on the balls to come in the mail.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Indoor Activities

• My girls are pretty independent, so they can happily just play with their toys for a while without me needing to entertain them. 

As for things to do with them, I try to turn chores into games, so there's that. 

Other than that, jumping on our bed is always a big hit. Play Doh is fun too, though DD2 still tries to eat it every now and then.

We went sledding yesterday and the day before and the girls loved it. DD2 just likes to hang out in her sled, so I pull her around while DD1 goes wild in the snow.

How about building a fort out of bedhseets and pillows? 

I know you'd prefer to avoid public places, but I figure they're no worse than daycare when it comes to germs and whatnot. The girls love to run errands with me, so they think grocery shopping is an actual outing. lol. DD2 isn't walking yet, so she sits in the cart, but I let DD1 run ahead of me in the aisles and she loves it (she knows not to stray and to watch for other people so she doesn't ram into them - also, we go when it's not too busy)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PPs have lots of good ideas!

We have a ball pit, and it's actually pretty versatile because we use the balls for lots of different games.  Taking the balls in the bath tub is a big hit!

We also have a small tent and tunnel that are a lot of fun.  They collapse flat for storage, so I can just slide them under her crib when not in use.  

Does your DD have any outside toys that you could bring inside?  DD has this water table, so it has a lot of little people and accessories with it that are fun, even without any water.  We also sometimes let her play with her 3-in-1 trike inside, and she'll put her dolls in it and try to push them around the living room. 

Other than that, she follows me around "helping" with chores.  She has her own little laundry basket that I picked up at the dollar store, and she loves it.  We put on music and have a dance party while we clean up toys and do laundry. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for all the great ideas, never thought of bringing in outdoor toys, going to do that today.

Lala - We are very close! I know a lot of people with the flu, I am hoping it is one of those things were you hear about everyone having the flu at once and then it dies down.

Happy & Healthy New Year to all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You are close to me as well (I'm Montgomery County) and I hear the flu is bad but I don't personally know anyone with it. And I work with kids.

Bubbles are a big hit around here and can entertain her and the dog for at least 20 minutes. I also lucked out and got a kid who likes books. When all else fails, we get out a big pot and some wooden spoons and stuff and "cook" her blocks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dance party - I put on music videos and we dance around.

Blanket- I spread her soft blanket out on the floor, she lays on it, and I pull her around the house. :)

Coloring- Using big crayons and her Elmo coloring book.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Take a baby bath tub or a large roasting dish and fill it with bread crumbs for sand play, or water with bubbles for water play! We also do painting with pudding on occasion! You said you like messy! ; )
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"