TTC After a Loss

PAI-1 and MTHFR?

I just got the results back that I have the 4g/5g genotype of the the PAI-1. I am also homozygous C677T for the MTHFR mutation. My OB drew my homocysteine levels and it came back normal. She prescribed high dose folic acid and a baby aspirin daily. She said if I had come back 4g/4g she would have recommended blood thinners, but with 4g/5g she does not. I discussed this with my RE and he agreed, no blood thinners. It seems like everything I've read online indicates I should be on blood thinners. Just curious if any of you have both and what protocol your Drs are following. I'm trying to get in with a hematologist, but they won't schedule me until my records are forwarded, so it could be a few days before I know when my appointment might be. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PAI-1 and MTHFR?

• I have yet to have my follow up appointment with my RE to get the specifics, but they did call and tell me that they found PAI-1.  The nurse mentioned baby asprin daily and then blood thinner injections once I'm pregnant again.  Right  now I am to avoid taking the asprin because I will be having surgery soon.

TTC our first, both age 29 BFP#1 Twins, Missed MC with complications (long story) BFP#2 CP DX: DH-no issues Me-PAI-1 1/2013 Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove polyp and adhesions March 2013 IUI #1 with Follitism + Trigger
  • Thanks. The hematologist's office just called to say they had a cancellation for tomorrow so I am going to go. Do you know which form of PAI-1 you have? She specifically said with my type she didn't recommend blood thinners, but with another form she would have. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • R,

Did he put you on synthetic folic acid?  You have the most severe form of the mutation and have a very limited ability to metabolize synthetic folic acid.  You might want to ask him about active L-methylfolate which bypasses the MTHFR mutation.  Good luck! 

Married to DH - 1996 DS - 13, DD - 11, DD - 9, DS - 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"