Two Under 2

How long did it take to conceive baby #2?

Hi!  My husband and I just started TTC #2 this cycle, and I was curious how long it took everyone to conceive baby #2.  It took 7 cycles for us for our first (I'm 33), but I've heard it's often easier for #2 because your body is "geared up" for pregnancy.  Any opinions on this?

Our daughter is 9 months old now.  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long did it take to conceive baby #2?

• 19 months for #1

1 month for #2

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • 4 months for number 1

number 2 was an accident...one time one month no period post DD...she was about 10/11 months old if I remember correctly so I guess you could also say it took us close to 10 months :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Loading the player...
  • #1, 3 months at age 37

#2, 3 months (DS was 5 mos old and EBF) once my period came back at age 38.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • #1, 3 cycles (3 months) at age 28

#2, My cycle came back 3 months postpartum despite exclusively breastfeeding. We got pregnant on the next cycle, but that was 2 months later. (I o'ed on CD49). I'm 30 right now.

Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Third month, second cycle, but first ovulatory cycle (was temping). I'm also 33. It took one cycle with DS. 

Good luck!  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemelaniedel:

Third month, second cycle, but first ovulatory cycle (was temping). I'm also 33. It took one cycle with DS. 

Good luck!  

also my DS was 9 months 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It took us a year to conceive DD with a loss in there. This time we got lucky the first time we tried.

• took us 9 months with #1 and #2 was a surprise!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 months for baby #1.  1 month for baby #2.
  • 3 cycles for #1 and #2
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1 cycle for baby #1 and 2. 
  • DS - 2 months. 

First month with this one!

BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16

• DS2(first child together) took 7 months

LO4 was conceived at 8wks pp.....one time with alcohol induced memory lapse on using protection. first night with grandma watching kids 

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• 11 cycles for DD1

DD2 was an susprise while on birth control.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • I believe it can go either way. With that said, it took us about the same amount of time to get pg with #1 and #2 (3 cycles). However, #2 would have taken us much longer if I hadn't been charting (my cycles were all out of whack after I had DD#1)

Good luck! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've had 5 pregnancies.  Four of them were conceived in the first month of TTC, one cycle took 4 months.  We are TTC #3 now, we are on month #2, but my cycle last month was really messed up from coming off BC.
  • In my previous marriage, we tried for 6 years. Had all the testing, and he was fine, I was not. 

Divorced.  Married current husband, BFP after 3 months.

Had baby and breastfed for 10 months before my first period came. Had 2 cycles and got pregnant with DS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • 5 months for #1

1 month for #2

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• This board probably isn't the best place to ask since people here likely didn't take long to conceive--hence why they have kids close in age. First tri might be better to get an overall answer.

To answer your question--we didn't ttc #2. One night of pull and pray was all it took. Wink

I was 26 when I got pregnant with #1, 27 with #2.

• 3 months for DS1

1 month for DS2 

• Thanks for all the input, ladies!

I am still breastfeeding, but I have been charting and my cycles are somewhat back to normal.  Now gotta endure the 2ww... Tongue Tied

Thank you!

• #1 - 19 cycles with iui.

#2 - weaned from bfing and never got a pp af.  So one cycle, I guess!  DS was 7 months when I got my BFP.

#3 - 11 months with one loss in there.  Started trying when #2 was 12 months, but we had been TTA after I weaned at 7 months.

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First month for #2
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our very first pg ended in miscarriage, but we weren't trying, weren't preventing, and it happened pretty quickly on a super long cycle..

2 months of charting, OPKs etc for DS1

1 month of not trying, not preventing plus 3 months of charting, OPKs etc for DS2

We used the pull out method in between 1 and 2 which works really well for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS1 was unplanned. This baby was our first month.

• #1 - 20 months (but only 4 months after the surgery)

#2 - 5 months

I'd say the surgery worked pretty well.

• First cycle of not preventing, both times. Agree with KC though that the results of this board may seem skewed. All my IRL friends and family took longer with #2 than #1, which is why we decided to not prevent again so early...and got KU right away
  • 2 months for DS1
    1 month for DS2
    1 month for DS3

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2 months for our first, our second was not planned
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • 18 months. We had an easy time with our first but the second took fertility treatments. It was very frustrating because you would have thought it would have happened like it did for our first. Was referred to RE quickly.
  • Thanks so much for all the feedback, ladies!

I'm excited to post that we got a BFP - first cycle of trying after DD was born in March!

Guess I'll be on this board pretty often... Terrified and overwhelmed. Tongue Tied

• #1  - 6 months

#2 - Got my IUD less than 1 week after IUD removal - didn't expect it that soon! 

Congrats on your BFP!!  

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"