February 2013 Moms

Can't pick a pediatrician.help!

So maybe I have been putting this off but I am delivering at a hospital far away from home and I need to find a pediatrician closer to home. My OB can't recommend anyone close to me but I started looking online and I feel like I should get out a dartboard..is there any good way to whittle down the hundreds of pediatricians available and meet with like 3-4 to make a decision?? I am feeling overwhelmed and at 35 weeks, I think I left this a little too long..

Re: Can't pick a pediatrician.help!

• Have you asked family or friends for suggestions.
    When I had dd I didn't have one picked. I ended up staying with the on call doctor. But when we were calling around most of them wouldn't see us until she was born. And I had all ready had a good impression of the on call that I didn't feel the need to change.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I would ask your friends for suggestions. And obviously make sure they are in your insurance network.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is something that a friend, coworker, etc would be a great resource. That's how we found ours and love him! Recommendations go a long way in this category.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the advice, I did ask two of my coworkers who have babies and niether one said they actually liked their pediatrician! Not sure why but not much help there..unfortunately I might end up just picking a few that are close and starting from scratch. Not ideal :(
  • I would start by asking friends and family who they use - particularly friends and relatives that have the same feelings about medical care that I do so that I know I'm not going to be seeing some doctor who I philosophically disagree with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"