3rd Trimester

Rec your designer diaper bag

What are you favs? Pros or Cons. Right now i'm between Coach, Petunia Pickle, and Vera Bradley any opinions on either?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

Re: Rec your designer diaper bag

• I got a Vera Bradley bag.  I have seen what happens to baby bags and do not want to spend too much money on a bag.  Also, vera Bradley bags are so easy to throw in the wash without getting ruined.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I got a coach one and love it! Haven't used it yet, but I loved all the pockets when I packed it. Not to mention that it's gorgeous! I wouldn't spend the 400 on it in the regular store though... I went to the outlet and saved a TON onit!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Vera Bradley too since you can wash it.  The one I had from DS got TRASHED!!  And after a while, I wound up just keeping it in my trunk.  (I had a hideous Ed Hardy one that someone bought for me when I first found out I was pregnant, and I just used it since I had it.)  I would've felt awful seeing a beautiful Coach bag get as nasty as mine did!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just got my second Kate Spade diaper bag. I had one with DD and used it so much its starting to frey on the straps. So I got a new one for christmas and its amazing. I got a nylon, easy to wipe clean. Its huge inside and has space for bottles and seperate partss for diapers and wipes.

Also.... Stroller straps!!!! These are awesome. Some bags don't have them so make sure you look for them. Makes it wayyyy easier to hook onto your stroller without having to buy hooks. And its secure.

Coach bags are super nice, just get a good washable material.

But I'm 100 percent about the Kate Spade!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my Coach bag. Their bags are very durable. I'm not sure what you would do to trash a diaper bag. I've been using mine nonstop for 10 months and it still looks brand new. It's been dragged all over baseball parks, on all our vacations and everywhere else. It hangs well on my stroller handle. I love it!
  • I just got a PPB and I love it! I had a basic inexpensive diaper bag with DD and it didn't hold up well. My sis had a PPB and I saw how well hers has held up (our kids are the same age). It's very sturdy. It's a great size and has plenty of pockets. The one I have has the unfoldable flap in front to use as the pad for changing baby, and pockets right there for diapers and wipes, so it makes changes quick and easy. It's also what they call "glazed" so it can be wiped clean and not stain the fabric. It has a shoulder strap and backpack straps. And of course, it's pretty! LOL
  • Tory Burch!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have three. I am not a fan of my coach diaper bag unless its sitting in the car or is going to hang on the stroller. I hate carrying that thing. My Vera bag is great to carry but doesn't hang on the stroller. It's great for short trips. My favorite is my Oioi baby Ikate Diaper bag. Perfect size, easy to carry. Love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a Mia Bossi. My friend has a similar one and a 14 month old and it still looks great. Tons of pockets and you can zip out the diaper bag portion and make it a laptop bag. Love it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagecaladpi02:
    I have a Mia Bossi. My friend has a similar one and a 14 month old and it still looks great. Tons of pockets and you can zip out the diaper bag portion and make it a laptop bag. Love it.

These are cute and stylish! 

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• imagecourtnif:
    I love my Coach bag. Their bags are very durable. I'm not sure what you would do to trash a diaper bag. I've been using mine nonstop for 10 months and it still looks brand new. It's been dragged all over baseball parks, on all our vacations and everywhere else. It hangs well on my stroller handle. I love it!

Bottles leak, shitty clothes leak, Ds has also spit up into his. They do get wrecked.
  • I love my timi and Leslie bag. It looks like a regular bag, but has ton of inner storage compartments.
  • imagemabenner1:
    imagecourtnif:
    I love my Coach bag. Their bags are very durable. I'm not sure what you would do to trash a diaper bag. I've been using mine nonstop for 10 months and it still looks brand new. It's been dragged all over baseball parks, on all our vacations and everywhere else. It hangs well on my stroller handle. I love it!
    Bottles leak, shitty clothes leak, Ds has also spit up into his. They do get wrecked.

They can also be cleaned.

Coach also repairs their genuine bags typically at any Coach store in the event that something gets torn. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a Kate Spade one from 2010 that I just cleaned out again for this LO.  It's still in perfect shape and I just had to wipe out a stain on the inside that came out no problem.  I do really love the bag! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I highly recommend against Coach.  They are nice purses and bags but they aren't designed for function.  I had one with DS and recently sold it on eBay because I refused to use it again, it was so annoying.  Not a lot of pockets, hard to keep clean, etc.

I do like the Petunia Picklebottom ones, but after MUCH research, I decided on a Ju Ju Be BFF.  A great idea is to You Tube the bag you are interested in and you can see some video reviews.  I watched a ton on all different bags and it was a no-brainer to get the BFF.

GOod luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Vera Bradley! We like it and it has worked great for us!

image     image  image
       Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

• I ended up getting the Danzo Hobo Diaper Bag.  I have not used it yet but I love the size, clear pockets and the changeable velcro labels  It's genius IMO.  What I like best, however, is that it does not look like a diaper bag.  Moms rave about it and it made Oprah's 2011 O List.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagedande2129:

imagemabenner1:
    imagecourtnif:

They can also be cleaned.

Coach also repairs their genuine bags typically at any Coach store in the event that something gets torn. 

Yeah, they don't completely replace the inside if you spill gross things, like yogurt, breastmilk/formula, crushed cheerios/goldfish crackers/yogurt puffs, dirty diapers. They are not easy to clean.

I loved my Vera Bradley diaper bag - cute (I got a black microfiber)...but I am hoping to get a new one for baby #2. These things take a lot of abuse. 

• imageKingston54:

I highly recommend against Coach.  They are nice purses and bags but they aren't designed for function.  I had one with DS and recently sold it on eBay because I refused to use it again, it was so annoying.  Not a lot of pockets, hard to keep clean, etc.

I do like the Petunia Picklebottom ones, but after MUCH research, I decided on a Ju Ju Be BFF.  A great idea is to You Tube the bag you are interested in and you can see some video reviews.  I watched a ton on all different bags and it was a no-brainer to get the BFF.

GOod luck!

Good suggestion...thank you! 

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• I have a couple PPB...eh.  They're super-cute, but the hobo isn't large enough to be useful, although it's beautfiul, and the backpack isn't really friendly to get lots of stuff in and out...nor are the straps very comfy to carry around...no padding!  BUT it's a pretty good system to put on a stroller. Hands-down, I have a Not Rational Hansel in patent leather, and wipes off easily, the opening is HUGE, and it looks VERY stylish.  I love it. And it fits great on a stroller too.  That would be my vote.
  • I ended up getting the Kate Spade Anabel baby bag. I haven't used it yet but it is super cute!

• I ordered a storksak Tania bag, but haven't gotten it yet.

For DD1, I had a Vera Bradley bag that I loved. I was afraid for 2 in diapers, I'd want something a little more spacious.
  • I have a Vera Baby Bag and a Vera Baby Messenger and a Ju Ju Be Be Hip. The regular Vera baby bag is the biggest but I wish it had a long strap to be worn cross body. That's why I got the Baby Messenger, but it's smaller. The JJB is kind of small too, but it's very functional. I only got that one because it was on clearance...now I'm wishing I had a large JJB bag!
  • I have a Kate Spade Collins Ave. Serena diaper bag.  It's very spacious, with plenty of pockets, and stroller straps.  I also like that the material is wipeable. I also found the Ju Ju Be Packabe at Marshall's for a steal and couldn't pass it up. It's smaller than my Kate Spade, but can be worn as a backpack or crossbody.  I love the material of the Ju Ju Be bags, and would recommend you check them out.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • I am in LOVE with this petunia picklebottom bag. I am hoping for some gift cards!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Last time around I just carried bigger purses and it seemed to work out fine.

This time around I've bought a few Timi & Leslie bags that I'm very happy with. You can use a 20% off coupon at Buy Buy Baby on them and I see new with tags discounted on Ebay all the time.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • imageKingston54:
    after MUCH research, I decided on a Ju Ju Be BFF.nbsp; A great idea is to You Tube the bag you are interested in and you can see some video reviews.nbsp; I watched a ton on all different bags and it was a nobrainer to get the BFF.GOod luck!

LOVE my ju ju be BFF. Practical but still cute. I agree I watched a ton of you tube videos before deciding.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"