February 2013 Moms

Dropped

How can you tell if baby has dropped ?

Re: Dropped

• Your bump will be noticeably lower
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The only thing I noticed last time was that a few days before I went into labor I felt some weird pressure between my legs. It felt like someone had kneed me in the crotch and the whole area was tender like a bruise. I only had to push three times so I think she had dropped pretty far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am pretty sure he dropped. It is so much harder to tell this time, because I am carrying so low, with dd I was carrying really high so it was very obvious.

I wasn't having any difficultly breathing, but my belly looks very different and my heartburn is much better.
  • I read somewhere STMs don't notice a drop like FTMs do. Not sure why...maybe cause muscles aren't as strong?
    imageimageimage
  • I've never once noticed a drop. 

• terra nova ="beanersmommy"]I read somewhere STMs don't notice a drop like FTMs do. Not sure why...maybe cause muscles aren't as strong?.

Most don't, but it isn't unheard of.
  • One more thing I noticed when I dropped is that when I wear maternity jeans, the denim fabric cuts into my abdomen really badly when I sit down. I think it's because the baby is now occupying the space! Also, having to pee very frequently is another sign, because once your baby drops they will be resting directly against your bladder. I had these two symptoms - I'm 35 weeks - and at my last dr appt last week, my ob said I had dropped and the baby was head down. Very exciting!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"