Natural Birth

Poll For Moms of many: how long was each pregnancy?

Ok, so... My first 2 children were each 12 days late.  With each, my cervix showed no signs of progress until around my  due date..  As of Christmas Eve (36weeks, 3days) I am 75% effaced.  My OB couldn't tell how dialated because my cervix is SO posterior he couldn't get a good 'feel.'  So my question for moms of many children, what were the lengths of each pregnany?  Did you go into labor naturally or by induction?
Reichley Mama

Re: Poll For Moms of many: how long was each pregnancy?

• Both pregnancies were 40weeks 5 days.

My MW stripped the membranes of DD2 when I was in early labour. But no other interventions were used for either birth. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• DD1= 39weeks, 1 day (naturally)

DD2=40 weeks, 6 days  (naturally)

DS= Yet to be seen! :)

ivy zofia born 02/20/09, eden fiona born 11/12/12, baby boy due 12/28/13!! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • First pregnancy was 36 weeks 4 days, second pregnancy was 38 weeks 4 days.  I went into labor naturally both times.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I went into labor on my own both times. DS1 was 41 w 1 d, DS2 was 41.542 q
    weeks. No idea how my cervix was, as I refused checks before labor both times.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• My first was born on 39w2d after my water broke at 39w1d.

I am now 39w5d with my second and minus some contractions tonight nothing significant going on yet.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD1 was 40 weeks exactly, she came on her own.

DD2 was 41 weeks, she came on her own too.

D?3, well I'm hoping there isn't a pattern here  :) 

image image

• DS1- Naturally at 40weeks 3 days

DS2- Naturally at 39 weeks 6 days

DD1- Naturally at 40weeks 1 day

DD2-only halfway there.  I'm guessing with in days of my EDD.  Helps to know when you ovulated for someone like me!  (:  Thankfully I do. 

• DS1: 39 weeks 2 days (naturally)

DS2: 38 weeks 4 days (naturally)

DS#1 born 3/10/10 @ 9 lbs. 7 oz. DS#2 born 11/4/11 @ 9 lbs. 6 oz. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No inductions.  With all labor started with contractions in the evening.

#1 - 37w exactly

#2 - 40w6d

#3 - on my due date

• I can't help myself but my mom said that all of her pregnancies were different. I (the oldest) was born at 37 weeks and some days, and then my sister was born at 40 weeks and some days. Can't remember when my other three siblings were off the top of my head though, sorry.

• DS1- 40w 4d (IUI after trigger, so dating was certain)
    DS2- 36, 6d (estimate)

Labor began naturally for both. I did not do progress checks with either, so I don't know how much I was when beforehand.

• Thank you all for your responses!  I was curious because I have so much progress so early with #3 after having 2 with no progress for SO long,  I guess this is within the realm of normal since I'll be full term tomorrow.  I'm just shocked that I'll have one arrive before his/her due date (well, maybe anyway).  Here is to an early arrival and for healthy babies for all!  Good luck everyone!  Thanks again, I appreciate it! 
    Reichley Mama
  • imageintheflowers:

#1 was born at 41w1d. Went into labor on my own, no cervical checks, no interventions.

#2 was born at 41w6d. I had my membranes stripped at 41w1d and 41w4d, I was 3cm & thick at both visits, no checks prior to that. 

This account makes me feel much more confident about refusing induction if my OB starts pushing it at 40wks. Thanks! 

"Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend
  • Both of mine were 42 weeks 1 day, I was induced with ds and went naturally with dd.
  • 42 weeks with DS1, 39w3d with DS2. Closed up tight until I went into spontaneous labor both times.

• Baby number one came on his own at 40+1 (I was checked at 40 weeks, was 2 cm dilated, very soft cervix, declined membrane stripping), baby number two came on his own at 40+3 (never had a cervical check).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemlrafiki:
    imageintheflowers:

#1 was born at 41w1d. Went into labor on my own, no cervical checks, no interventions.

#2 was born at 41w6d. I had my membranes stripped at 41w1d and 41w4d, I was 3cm & thick at both visits, no checks prior to that. 

This account makes me feel much more confident about refusing induction if my OB starts pushing it at 40wks. Thanks! 

This might give you more ammo: https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/surprising-lack-evidence-postdate-birth-induction

My DS was born on 41w1d. No induction and no dilation prior to SROM.

Baby #2 we shall see, but I would never induce before 42w. 

Monique (38), Wife to Steve (32), Mom to DS Sacha (4), DS Ronen due Aug. 1st! BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All my births thus far started as no intervention ... with DS #1 - being 37 weeks/2 days (?) from our wedding night ... his birth was accompanied by both an epidural (for pain), as well as an episiotomy (per doctor's orders) being performed for whatever reason! I never really knew! DS #2 - 38 weeks exactly, coming on his own. No medical intervention on this or subsequence births. DS #3 - 40 weeks (on his due date) going all natural; then DS #4 - 38 weeks/1day, also came on his own with no intervention. As for DS #5 - Well I'm hoping for a repeat of the last three. At present his due date is May 14th. We'll see - I do know he'll come when it's his time and not before!  
  • Thank you for sharing this link! https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/surprising-lack-evidence-postdate-birth-induction 

I am 41 weeks 3 days today and scheduled for an induction at 42 weeks.  Hoping she will come on her own.  This article makes me feel better for trusting my instincts to hold off on the induction for as long as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My oldest was 41 weeks and my youngest was 39 weeks 1 Day :)

ETA: Went into labor naturally for both :) 

• First -  37wk5d, went into labor  naturally

Second - 38wk, went into labor naturally

Third - 37wk4d, induced

Fourth - 37wk1d, went into labor naturally

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• #1: 8 days late, following membrane sweep

#2: born on her EDD, no induction/augmentation

#3: 3 days late, again no induction/augmentation 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my daughter I delivered at 42 weeks.
  • Lily was born at exactly 43 weeks and Carly was born at exactly 41 weeks.   Both were natural.  We did try everything natural under the sea with Lily, but in the end she just came when she was ready.  With Carly I had acupuncture on Thursday night and went into labor on Saturday night.  I don't know if it made a difference, but it didn't hurt...and was a great way to relax for an hour.  :)

Effacement and dilation mean nothing in regards to when you will go into labor, so I wouldn't stress too much about that. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"