Trying to Get Pregnant

hello to all - intro

Hello everyone :-)

Thought I would introduce myself . . . my husband and I have been together for 10+ years . . .married since last April.  We decided this past summer to start on the ttc journey.  First thing we did was get checked out . .  I had an hsg and he had a sperm test . . . all came back fine.  been taking prenatal vit since the summer . . . lost 50+ lbs this past year so am at a very healthy weight . . . been doing all the things we should . . .

So far I have read a few books on the subject, we started with trying to track ovulation with those strips from drugstore but was not successful . . . tried to track my bbt but kept forgetting to write it down or take my temp . .  checked cervical mucus but could not figure that out - and the cervical position oh my! could not figure that out for sure!  . . . read the take charge of your fertility book and was confused by most of it . . .then we tried digital cb fertility monitor but I could super frustrated that I never saw the dang smiley face . . .  so we upgraded to cb digital fertility monitor . . . last cycle of using it I found that it was high fertility for over 16 days without a peak reading . . . super frustrating . . .

. . . finally I am on vacation for a week and a half. . . taking daily readings with cb fertility monitor and FINALLY saw the peak / egg yesterday morning at CD 12 . . . double checked with digital monitor and viola! -- smiley face! today CD 13 - same thing.  And here I was starting to think maybe I did not ovulate. haha 

We baby danced yesterday .  . and today 2x :-) because we were just having fun  . . . planning to go again tomorrow . . . read about this smep method . . . sounds like a plan so I guess I will skip a day then go again once more

after several months of this madness I am overjoyed to find out I might actually ovulate normally . . . and that I may have actually figured out what works for this . . . what a journey so far it has been!

ME (36) DH (43) 
Cycle #1 (May 20 with obgyn) Chlomid 50mg CD 3-7 – BFN  FSH 3.4 / LH 6.95/Prolactin 8.0 “PCOS”?
HSG – no blockage  SA – high volume “low motility”
Cycle#2 (June 20 with RE) Provera to start cycle u/s showed 18mm cyst – benched / birth control
AMH 0.39 “diminished ovarian reserve” – RE ruled out PCOS
Cycle #3 (July 13 with RE) Letrozole 7.5 for CD 3-12 – “slow follicle development”– TIC – BFN
Cycle #4 (Aug 15 with RE) Cysts at baseline – benched / birth control  . . .came back Sept 4 no cysts
. . . decided to seek out 2nd opinion . ..
Cycle #5 (Sept 12 with new RE) Letrozole 10 mg CD 2 – 11, good follicle development at day 12 Left (25mm) & Right (14mm) took HCG trigger then IUI Sept 25 . . . Progesterone 20 / Estradiol 12 . . . BFN

Cycle#6 (Oct 14 with RE) Letrozone 10 mg CD 3-6 Menopur CD 7-10, CD 12 trans u/s showed 4 follicles developing with "triple stripe" uterine lining took HCG trigger then IUI October 28  (SA count 22 with 91% motility).  . .  . Progesterone 35 . . . BFP 11/13 . . . 1st beta 322  . . . 2nd beta 788!!  1st ultrasound will be Dec. 2!

EDD July 19, 2014 - so far pregnancy has been going really well - healthy u/s and healthy heartbeats . . .praying this continues

Re: hello to all - intro

• Welcome and good luck to you!!
  • Welcome and good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBeth&Derek:

You had an HSG done before starting to ttc? Why? From what I've read, that's a pretty serious procedure that most women don't get done until they've been trying for at least a year.

If you're interested in trying to chart your bbt again, check out fertilityfriend.com. They've got tutorials that can help and can help you confirm that you actually ovulated since fertility monitors/OPKs only tell you that you're gearing up to ovulate, not that you did.

This and welcome!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ello and Good Luck =D
    Me: 31 DH: 33 Married : 12 Years going on 16 years together TTC since 9/2001 11/2012 100 MG Clomid 12/2012 200 MG Clomid: IUI 12/26 2 Week Wait Praying for a miracle
  • Welcome and good luck!  Why the HSG so early?!
  • Just want to say welcome and good luck! 

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Welcome to the board!

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• thanks for the warm welcome - such wonderful advice.  appreciate the support.

ME (36) DH (43) 
    Cycle #1 (May 20 with obgyn) Chlomid 50mg CD 3-7 – BFN  FSH 3.4 / LH 6.95/Prolactin 8.0 “PCOS”?
    HSG – no blockage  SA – high volume “low motility”
    Cycle#2 (June 20 with RE) Provera to start cycle u/s showed 18mm cyst – benched / birth control
    AMH 0.39 “diminished ovarian reserve” – RE ruled out PCOS
    Cycle #3 (July 13 with RE) Letrozole 7.5 for CD 3-12 – “slow follicle development”– TIC – BFN
    Cycle #4 (Aug 15 with RE) Cysts at baseline – benched / birth control  . . .came back Sept 4 no cysts
    . . . decided to seek out 2nd opinion . ..
    Cycle #5 (Sept 12 with new RE) Letrozole 10 mg CD 2 – 11, good follicle development at day 12 Left (25mm) & Right (14mm) took HCG trigger then IUI Sept 25 . . . Progesterone 20 / Estradiol 12 . . . BFN

Cycle#6 (Oct 14 with RE) Letrozone 10 mg CD 3-6 Menopur CD 7-10, CD 12 trans u/s showed 4 follicles developing with "triple stripe" uterine lining took HCG trigger then IUI October 28  (SA count 22 with 91% motility).  . .  . Progesterone 35 . . . BFP 11/13 . . . 1st beta 322  . . . 2nd beta 788!!  1st ultrasound will be Dec. 2!

EDD July 19, 2014 - so far pregnancy has been going really well - healthy u/s and healthy heartbeats . . .praying this continues

• Welcome and GL!

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"