Two Under 2

Did you go earlier with second?

My doctor told me I may go earlier with this LO. I was five days late with DS1. I'm starting to think about labor and what we will do with DS1, etc. family is three hours away. I kind of wish I could schedule it, but do not want to have DS2 before he's ready of course. I'm curious why others have done.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Did you go earlier with second?

• I went even later with DS and my labor lasted longer. I was mentally prepared to go earlier and to have a shorter labor the 2nd time. It sucked when it was the opposite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My #2 came earlier and quicker than my 1st. #1 was born 3 weeks early and #2 was born 5 weeks early. 
  • Loading the player...
  • #1 was born at 37 weeks 5 days. My water started to leak and the doc decided to induce and it took 9 hours 15 min. #2 came at 39 weeks. Contractions kicked in when I got out of bed. I was in active labor for 2 hours or just over and delivered 18 min after I got to the hospital parking lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS1 was born 5 days before his EDD but I had horrible back labor days leading up to delivery and took a long time to dilate (14+ hours, after being stuck at 1 1/2 cm for weeks prior), pushing time was about 30 minutes.  

DD1 was born 6 days before her EDD, no back labor, my water broke at 5PM, pushed for 15 minutes, delivered her 7 hours after water broke. So definitely quicker the second time.  

DS2 however came later and it was due to an induction.  He was born 2 days before his EDD after an all day gel induction process that started at 11AM? and he was born at 2AM (roughly 14 hours again) but with one push.  

Every pregnancy, labor and delivery is totally different.  I will say that my recovery post-partum has gotten easier each time as I (and my body) know what to expect.  

I am totally hoping that this fourth (and final) pregnancy and delivery are similar to my DD1's...having my water break really sped up the whole process for me, though I did like only having to push one time with DS2. :) Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ds1 was induced at 38 weeks 5 days, I was in labor for 9 hours. Ds2 came on his own at 39 weeks 1 day, I went to the hospital the day before because of spotting and was told I was in very early labor but sent home. I was in "active" labor with him for 12 hours. The only part that was faster was delivery, Ds2 was out in 3 pushes, Ds1 was 20 minutes of pushing. 

Edit: I wanted to agree with PP who said recovery was easier the second time. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS1: born at 40w3d

DS2: born at 39w6d

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Later with #2
    Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
  • #1 came spontanously at 37w exactly

#2 was induced at 40w2d - I was CONVINCED he'd come early and I was very, very wrong, lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • I was induced with DS1 and had him at 39 weeks, and then my labour with DS2 started on its own at 39w2d and he was born 8 hours later. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD1 was born at 40w2d, after I went into labor on my own. My doctors were convinced that DD2 would be earlier, but I was induced at 40w5d. Labor was so much easier the second time with an induction. First time was 20 hours with 3 hours of pushing, second time was about 5 hours start to finish, with only about 2 real pushes.
  • DD1 was 3 days early.

DD2 was 3 weeks early.

I can't imagine this LO coming any earlier. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Later.

DD came on her own at 40w2d.  DS came on his own at 40w4d. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • With DD My water broke i was given pitocin and was in labor for 12 hours at 40 weeks.

With DS i started having contractions at 5pm, had him at 154am at 41 weeks. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • First came on his own three days before his due date.  Labor was about 8-10 hours (didn't know I was in labor!:)

Second was induced four days before his due date. He arrived 5 hours after the pitocin drip started.

• Yes, two full weeks early, which was not what we wanted because they were born at thirty six and thirty four weeks respectively.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both of my girls came exactly at the same time...19 days early and my water broke at 2:30am!  I know this one will be late since I am expecting a repeat......
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"