February 2013 Moms

reusable nursing pads?

What kind are you all getting for nursing pads. Disposable or reusable and what brand is the best?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: reusable nursing pads?

• I tried the reusable, but none of them were absorbent enough once my milk really came in. The organic ones are really soft and great for the first couple of days. I can't remember the brand though. 

The Johnson & Johnson ones were my favorite disposables, but I didn't mind if I had to use a different brand.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDC2London:

I tried every brand of reusable ones I could find in a store and they all worked decently well (I leaked a LOT), but they also showed under clothing really badly.  I pretty much settled on wearing reusable ones at home, and disposable ones when I was out of the house.

This.

Hemp reusable seem to be the most absorbent, but they aren't as soft as some of the cotton ones.

As far as disposables go, I like the lansinoh ones.  I dislike the Gerber, because they show through shirts.  Medela aren't bad.

• Loading the player...
  • imagesecondaryPULSE:
    I picked up a few pairs of Bamboobies for this LO. They are supposed to be super thin, absorbent and soft. For disposables I liked the lansinoh ones.

This brand worked great!! They have thin and overnight ones. They're super soft and you can't see them under clothes. I loved mine. They're a bit pricey but I felt they were worth it.

• imageDC2London:

imagesecondaryPULSE:
    I picked up a few pairs of Bamboobies for this LO. They are supposed to be super thin, absorbent and soft. For disposables I liked the lansinoh ones.

Ohh bamboo ones would be brilliant!  I'll have to check these out! 

Also forgot to mention they're heart shaped which is neat! They really are great! Smile

• I tried reusable and had to change my shirt after the first feed! I spew from one side while nursing the other. I'd go through so many pads it was crazy. I even tried the silicon ones...nope they died rather quickly!
    I use a store brand a ail able here but I like the Avent ones in the states the ones in the EU suck and the Lanosh brand too.

Sorry for typos I'm on my phone.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • All the disposable ones I tried irritated my skin. I used a reusable type, but I can't think of the brand. I didn't leak much though, I had supply issues.
  • Lansinoh disposable are my favorite for when I am out and lilipadz are what I use at home. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm going to use disposables for the first couple weeks when my milk first comes in. Seriously its like Niagara falls for me during a let down! Then I am going to try Lilypadz when things settle down a bit. I used only disposables last time, but I'm willing to give these a go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't use the reusable ones at all, though I hard some.

For disposables, I liked the J&J ones.  I started out with some evenflo ones (they were triangular in shape and worked awesome, but they discontinued them).  Then I tried Lansinoh because so many people recommended them, but honestly, they made my nipples itch and I was miserable with them. I landed on the J&J ones and liked them, except for the fact that the adhesive strip wasn't very big and sometimes the pad would move around.

I'll probably start out with the J&J ones again. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"