June 2013 Moms

The most painful thing about pregnancy so far

I have the worst cystic acne! Right now there are 3 very painful, swollen bumps on my chin/side of my mouth. It even hurt to chew today! I had been on Acutane years ago due to these types of things. It got better and now is back full force! Does anyone have similar issues or ways in which I can stop it or find relief?

Re: The most painful thing about pregnancy so far

• Ugh, I hear ya. And every time I think it's under control and improving, I'm wrong. I get another nasty flair up. No advice, just wanted to commiserate. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • oh no! no advice... just wishing you some relief... :( would heat be good for it? has your dr given you any advice? I would ask your dr they might be able to help ya out!

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ugh i agree 100% just when you think its getting better....BLAMMO! i hate walking around looking like a 14 year old again. painful and embarrassing!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • The ignorant comments have been the most painful.

"OMG! Was it planned?"

"Aren't you a bit overweight to have a baby?"

"Ugh, really? YOU are pregnant?"

• imageRachelTMom:

The ignorant comments have been the most painful.

"OMG! Was it planned?"

"Aren't you a bit overweight to have a baby?"

"Ugh, really? YOU are pregnant?"

Holy harsh! I'm sorry if you've had to hear stuff like that! people have no filter sometimes! ((hugs))

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I also get cysts and it's such a bummer to not be able to take any medicine.  When not pregnant I would get a cortizone shot on the cyst on occasion when it was bad, and inquired about the safety of this during pregnancy.  My OB did not know and I did some online research and could not find a satisfactory answer, so I decided not to do it (I did not trust my dermatologist about pregnancy related issues, so never asked).  It could be worth exploring if you're really in pain/discomfort.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • There is a spot treatment that I use by Belli skincare. It's a line created by a doctor specifically for pregnancy, with pregnancy-safe ingredients.
  • I couldn't agree more.  Durning my first two pregnancies.....no acne at all.  This one is totally opposit.  I'm so broke out, and they are the deep painful pimples.  Face, neck, back...totally gross.  But I wasn't sick this pregnancy like I was durning my last two either so ill take it.m 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm getting some pretty wicked acne too. Nothing I'm doing is working so far, so I'm planning on asking my doctor about it next month. I would have asked her at my last appointment, but it cleared up right before.
    griffin
  • My chin used to explode with cystic acne, so I feel your pain. If I go without my Proactiv for longer than a couple weeks, or use any unfamiliar creams or washes on my chin it flares up again. I won't even dare get facials for fear of how my chin will react.

Are you using any special washes for it?? The only way I'd attempt to treat mine is with a hot compress & I even tried baking soda one time (I'll have to google that). Good luck to you. I know how much it sucks.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • imagerosewatermegs:
    ugh i agree 100% just when you think its getting better....BLAMMO! i hate walking around looking like a 14 year old again. painful and embarrassing!!

Add me to this list also! After having my acne under control for years, it's baaaack!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"