Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleeping in a swing

How many of you let your LO's sleep in a swing? My DD is 11 days old and is very content in a swing. It isn't reclined much. Just wondering what other moms are doing?? 

Re: Sleeping in a swing

• My LO sleeps in a swing during the day... when I'm too lazy to take her *all the way* to her room/crib. (That's slightly sarcasm as our house is small and it's really not far to her room from the living room, where the swing is.) Anyway, I usually put her in the swing so I can do something else and when I come back to her, she's asleep so I let her stay there. At night, though, she's in her room, in her crib.
  • My lo sleeps in his swing every night, he's ~13 weeks. He HATED the bassinet. We'll probably transition to the crib soon. I say, do what you gotta do to get some sleep. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I put LO on the swing so I can get things accomplished around the house, i.e. pee, eat, etc.  If she falls asleep...WOOHOO!!!  LEAVE HER THERE!  Don't wake a sleeping baby unless you have to.  Of course, if you were to lay her down where she sleeps, then you wouldn't have to worry about moving her when you want to take a nap.  
  • I let mine sleep in her swing during the day. She loves it.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My little guy is 6 days old and he naps in his swing so I can do things around the apartment
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ds1 would only sleep in a swing for the first month or so, otherwise he would spend all night screaming. So, yeah, do what you can to get some sleep. This LO sleeps better in his bassinet but I was extremely surprised by that as most babies don't like laying flat this early.
  • I let LO sleep in the swing during the day. That way I can do what I need to do, and watch her at the same time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my little guy would take some great 3 hour naps in his swing when he was itty bitty.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Thanks for all the replies! I have a 9 and 10 YO but so many rules have changed since then its hard knowing what is ok and what isn't! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"