Baby Names

Too much?

Me and my husband are hoping for twin boys. We have one name already chosen. Owen Gray Allen. But we cant decide on the second, at least the middle name.. Everything I like, he thinks is a mouth full to say, opinion?

Benton "Bentlie" Harland Scudder Riley
Benton "Bentlie" Troy Roger Riley
Benton "Bentlie" Sebree Scudder Riley
& Benton "Bentlie" Mason Troy Riley

Both of our daughters have 2 middle names, so trying to stick with it 2 of them..
We already have a Kahleigh Guge Elyse & Aunner Ella Grace.

Thanks!

Re: Too much?

• I like Owen Gray Allen!

I agree that these names are a mouthful, and I recommend pairing Benton with a one syllable second name. It will match Owen Gray better too. Ideas:

Benton Troy Roger, least tongue twisting of your picks

My ideas:
    Benton Scott Troy
    Benton Mark Gavin
    Benton Paul Scott
    Benton Luke Roger
    Benton George David

HTH!
    imageimage
  • Benton Troy Roger would be my pick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Aren't Benton and Bentley two different names?
  • I really like Owen Gray Allen (even though I'm not a fan of double mn).

I feel like Benton would get the short end of the stick (not to mention it makes me think of a local sausage company). Benton by itself isn't easy on the tongue and almost sounds made up, as do many of your other names (what is Sebree?). Bentlie, with the "ie" ending sounds like a terrible feminization of the name - I would think Bentlie was a little girl. I'm not a fan of any of the combinations. They are a mouthful.

Do you have any other fn/mn options? I agree with PP that a shorter, one syllable mn would be a good option and match Owen better.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Benton Troy Roger sounds the best.
  • Yes, it is too much IMHO.  It also sounds pretentious and like you are trying way too hard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Benton Troy Roger is the best. Goodness, but these names have quite a lot going on.

• I do not mean this harshly, but In my book, two middle names = too much.

But, if that is your tradition...then I would choose your favorite first name because that is what he will likely use. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Sebree is my husbands parents last name. And Roger is my husbands father and Troy is my father.
  • They aren't to me personally. For a nickname it'd be Bentlie. All my kids have nicknames off of their original names. Like Kahleigh, we call her "Kah" and Aunner, we call her "Aunie". And Owen would be "Oh"
  • imageJacNGray9713:
    They aren't to me personally. For a nickname it'd be Bentlie. All my kids have nicknames off of their original names. Like Kahleigh, we call her "Kah" and Aunner, we call her "Aunie". And Owen would be "Oh"

So why not the nn "Ben?" If you're going to call him Bentley, name him Bentley it's a completely different name than Benton, not a nn for it. I think it's odd to have a nn that just as long as the actual name. And please spell it correctly, at least.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"