C-sections

Contacts during CSECTION?

Can you wear contacts during your C-section? I didn't have any at my last one.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Contacts during CSECTION?

• No you can not wear contacts
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • I wore mine during my c-section.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had 4 c-sections. I was allowed to wear them during #4. I had to remove them during the first 3.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I wonder why you can't wear them. Oh well.
  • Mine were in for my second.  The only reason I didn't have them in for my first was because I had taken them out during labor after I got my epidural to try to get some sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wore my glasses but was told contacts are fine

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Not at my hospital. nope.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You really should not be allowed to wear them due to the possibility of an emergency in which they would need to use general anesthesia.  This could cause complications with your contacts.  Just for the same reasons you would not where them during any surgery.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I called the hospital and checked and they said NO. So, that's settled. I don't have glasses but I'm sure I can put them back in later that day?

Hopefully.

• I wore mine during both C-sections in 2 different hospitals with 2 different doctors.  Nobody said anything to me about it and honestly I didn't even think of taking them out! 
  • I didn't and didn't want to. Plus I didn't want to see anything except for my baby right after he was born.  And I did. They laid him right on my chest. And I could see his grey slippery body just fine.:-)  

• I could have worn mine, but chose to wear my glasses.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I wore mine. They didn't even say anything about them to me.
  • Yes I wore mine! 
  • You should check with your hospital.  I had a planned c-s and they told me I needed to take them out.  But I ended up going into labor early and when I got there, they told me I didn't need to.  I think the reason you can't is in case you have to go under general anesthesia they don't want to have to deal with your contacts.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Yes, I wore mine.  And I ended up having a semi-emergent csection with general.  They knew they were in and said it was fine.
  • Depends on the hospital.  I am allowed to wear them.  Id check with your OB on the hospital's policy.
  • I wore mine.  
  • wore mine during my last c-section on 11-26-2012. I don't know if it is allowed. No on asked if I was wearing them and I didn't think about asking if I needed to take thm out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine was emergency...I had mine in.

• i wore mine but i'm not sure if they knew I was wearing them. they never asked and it was a last minute c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• They made me take mine out before the surgery, good thing my mom had her glasses so I could at least my son when he came out! I would of brought my glasses with me had I known that I couldn't wear my contacts, I usually always carry them with me. Since I went into labor unexpectedly though I didn't bring them with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"