Trying to Get Pregnant

Intro (I know, another newbie) and a gtky

Hi all....I am a long time lurker here and on the Sept 12 bmb.  I am 28 and my husband is 27.  We live in Florida where I teach 6th grade reading and he works for a financial firm.  We had our first baby on August 31st and while I am not actively trying for a second yet, I wanted to start becoming more active and a part of the community.  So here goes nothing, my gtky is two questions: 

1.  What do you do that drives your husband or SO crazy?

2.  What does your H or SO do that drives you nuts?

(Still not sure how to quote so I will answer here)

I let one of our dogs on our bed in the mornings and he HATES it!!  He is one of those people who never puts the new toilet paper on the roll.  He can get it to the bathroom on the side of the tub or top of the toilet, but NEVER where it is suppose to go.  Super irritating!!   

Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Intro (I know, another newbie) and a gtky

• Welcome from a fellow newbie :)

1. I am a big crafter. I am always sewing, cutting, or glittering something. I have my "craft corner" in the living room, but when I'm busy with a project the materials always seem to migrate to other parts of our apartment. Drives him up the wall! 

2. He is awful with remembering to take out the garbage and recycling. He doesn't seem to notice that it is getting full, and then when I remind him to do it he says I'm nagging. Argh! 

• Welcome!  

1.  I crack my neck all the time.  I've never seen him more annoyed with something I did..

2.  He rocks his head to sleep.  So annoying, though it's been less frequent with the new buckwheat pillow I got him for Christmas! 

Jan siggy challenge: Funny/inappropriate snowmen
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since April 2012
    First Urologist appt 1/30
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello and welcome!

1) I'm a lazy slacker when it comes to doing my laundry. It drives DH nuts. I tell him if it bothers him that much then he can do it for me ;)

2) DH should not be allowed in my kitchen. Just no, just stay out! I will handle the kitchen cleaning and all the cooking. And definitely do not try and put away the dishes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the laundry thing!  I tell my DH the same thing.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Welcome!

I have a bit of OCD when it comes to how I put clothes away, and the books on DD's book shelf, and a few other things. Usually DH doesn't seem to bothered by this, except for when I ask him to help with something, and then I go back and fix it because he didn't do it "right."

I hate that I will ask DH to do something and he'll say "in a minute." Almost every time that "in a minute" turns into way longer than a minute. Half the time I end up doing it myself, or I have to nag him to do it.  (This is not related to the above, these are things like taking the garbage out, or carrying laundry baskets down the steep stairs to the basement for me.)

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Welcome!

1. I talk incessantly about making a baby. We're very private, and no one knows that we are actively TTC, so I have no one else to talk about it with.

2.  My DH is a "project" man. He's always working on at least 5 things, and he had tools and miscellaneous building supplies scattered all over our house. I'm a little OCD, so it really kills me.

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome! :)

1.  What do you do that drives your husband or SO crazy? I do random cleaning sprees and they drive him nuts.

2.  What does your H or SO do that drives you nuts? He has selective hearing to say the least haha.

Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Welcome!

1). I treat our dog like it's a human being. DH looooves our dog but hates that I treat the dog better than him sometimes in terms of giving kissed and cuddles. I think he's just jealous. :)

2). Where do I begin? Hehe j/k. I hate it when I have to ask DH a question 8 times before I can get an answer. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Married in May 2012
    TTC since August 2012
    BFP 3.2.13 EDD 11.11.13
    My Blog
  • Welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet!

1.  What do you do that drives your husband or SO crazy? I use the word "Seriously?" in the form of a question... frequently. Usually when he does/says something stupid, haha.

2.  What does your H or SO do that drives you nuts? He used to blow kisses... but not using his hand. Just the kissy movement and sound with his mouth and for some reason, it drove me BATTY. He stopped. Now if I can get him to put socks and underwear in the hamper... Come on, your pants and shirt made it in so I know ya can handle it!

TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• Welcome!! 

1. I'm a huge multi-tasker and he hates it when we're watching a movie and I'm doing other things....like crocheting or something. 

2. He is so messy!!! I so appreciate him cooking food, but he seriously uses twice as many dishes as necessary, leaves them sitting out, and doesn't close drawers. It makes me want to bang my head on the wall. 

• Welcome to the board! Your LO is so adorable!! I look forward to getting to know you!

1. What do you do that drives your husband or SO crazy?

When I squinch up my face in reaction to something I don't like that he did. Or when I tell him to chill out. For some reason he hates the word chill out.

2. What does your H or SO do that drives you nuts?

When he gets OCD about the house and everything needs cleaned that instant. I love that he likes to clean but sometimes a girl just wants to relax, you know? He always seems to want to start cleaning together the second I am wrapped up in a TV show or a good book. Never fails!

http://wwwcirillofamily.blogspot.com/

BFP#1 12/23/11 EDD 8/29/12. Frank P. Cirillo IV born on 8/19/12 at 2:34am. Grew his wings and went to heaven on 8/25/12.
    My sweet angel Frankie. Love you so much!

BFP #2 5/21/13 EDD 1/25/14 Sam Frank P. born 1/17/14 Our rainbow baby is here!!

January 2015 PAL- Advice image

• Thanks katyms7, I think he is pretty cute too. :
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Welcome to the boards!!

1.  What do you do that drives your husband or SO crazy?

I'm neurotic like whoa and have to control everything. So if I ask a question and I don't get an answer right away I end up hassling DH lol. He gets so snippy and then I get offended and we end up in a tiff. It's ridiculous. I need to learn how to calm the hell down, haha. BUT I WILL NEVER ADMIT THIS TO HIM!!!

2.  What does your H or SO do that drives you nuts? 

He leaves his clothes all over the goddamn house!!!  

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• imageStephanieK984:

1.  What do you do that drives your husband or SO crazy? I have a couple I go up behind him quietly and yell BOO when hes on the computer, I craft too and my collection is so big I have it in different parts of the house and my projects are all over. I love watching DIY Network so I always get ideas that drives him nuts because it usually means he has to help lol

2.  What does your H or SO do that drives you nuts? When I tell him go to bed because its almost midnight and have to come in several times like telling a kid go to bed, or when he gets off the computer and comes to watch TV with me before bed and when I fall asleep comes back in and plays on the computer till 3 am

imagechrislizlee:

Welcome!  

1.  I crack my neck all the time.  I've never seen him more annoyed with something I did..

2.  He rocks his head to sleep.  So annoying, though it's been less frequent with the new buckwheat pillow I got him for Christmas! 

Mine taps his foot when he sleeps so I feel for you 

Me: 31 DH: 33 Married : 12 Years going on 16 years together TTC since 9/2001 11/2012 100 MG Clomid 12/2012 200 MG Clomid: IUI 12/26 2 Week Wait Praying for a miracle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"