June 2013 Moms
Options

Sick vent!

I needed to whine to somebody who understands!

This cold is just not giving up and I am sooooooooooooo tired of being miserable! I was hoping that a good nights sleep old kick this thing in the butt but DD had other plans and we were up from 1 to 6am and then 2 hours after that it was time to start the day. I am so tired of having to keep tissues stuffed in my nose and peeing myself every time i have to cough, which is a lot.

last night i thought i as feeling a little better so decided to treat myself to a movie and giant twix bar. 5 mins into the movie i started to barf all over the place so i wasted a good deal of my bar! bummer!

None of the stuff the Dr said was okay to use is working and in three days i have gone through 4 boxes of tissues! i would give my left arm right now to be able to curl up in bed with a big green bottle of NyQuil and just be done with it!! there should be some cosmic rule that if you're pregnant you shouldn't be able to catch anything like colds or flus!!

also i want a coffee so bad bu we're out and I am not going anywhere looking the mess I do right now!

ugh vent over! thanks for listening! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Sick vent!

• Options
    ::hugs:: :[
    Pg with #2
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're sick but also secretly happy I'm not the only one. It's just hanging on! I hope you get relief soon. Hugs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how you feel, I have had this cold/cough for a month now and on top of that got a wonderful bout of the flue right before Christmas (which I have now given to my entire family). I feel like I have been sick since I got pregnant with either an illness or constant morning sickness....you're not alone if that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel bad about whining but I know a lot of you are in the same boat and understand whereas my DH and my RL family just don't seem to get how miserable it is when your options for dealing with illness are so limited. next time DH gets a cold i'm hiding all the meds and going to my mom's for a few days mahahahahahahahahahaha!! see how he likes it!!

• Options
    I feel your pain, this cold is kicking my butt! I hope you feel better asap!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options
    The only thing that has helped me kick this cold to the curb (and currently we are STILL kicking it, but the relief is coming easily!) is Hot jello (sounds icky, but is really tasty, 4TBS jello any flavor and 1 cup BOILING water, mix and drink while hot) it helps your throat tickles and your coughing. The Neti-pot helps with the boogers and limits the need for so many kleenex. And Vicks Vapor rub on your feet and chest. No drugs or medication, but I am fighting this cold that makes me feel like its a "man cold" (aka I am dying and miserable and YUCK) I have had this cold since just before Christmas and Seriously feeling 75% better yesterday and today. 
    Hope you feel better soon! And that totally sucks that you barfed your Twix - what a horrible instance of chocolate abuse. Poor mama! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageWillubmine:

Hope you feel better soon! And that totally sucks that you barfed your Twix - what a horrible instance of chocolate abuse. Poor mama! 

Bahahaha thanks! I was more miffed about the loss of the chocolate bar than of the actual barfing! A twix is a terrible thing to waste :p

• Options
    Hope you feel better soon.  I caught a little something and immediately gave it to dh.  He is wondering how I am surviving this considering he is barely able to stand up straight and keep his lunch down.  Of course, he hasn't actually barfed yet and I have twice.  I'm just hoping we feel well enough to have dinner with my brother tomorrow.  I'm just resting, drinking lots of liquids and peeing my brains out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"