Trying to Get Pregnant

Am I KTFU?!

DH and I had semi-protected sex, and since then I'm been feeling funny. AF isn't due for 3 weeks, but do you think I'm pregnant?!

....I kid, I kid. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a frequenter of the baby names board and DH and I started TTC this month. I've joined fertility friend and so far am just tracking AF and CM, but just bought a thermometer today and plan to start tracking BBT as well. DH thinks I am nuts, and keeps saying "let's just have sex a lot", but I find all the fertility stuff fascinating. I've learned so much just from lurking here and am looking forward to learning even more! I am still getting used to the acronyms, so I apologize in advance if I seem like a moron sometimes Smile 

One question: in all the 2ww threads there is a question about timing. Just curious what it means? It's probably really obvious but I can't figure it out!

Re: Am I KTFU?!

• Welcome & GL!

Timing refers to when you had sex around O, O-3 would mean 3 days before ovulation, etc.  

baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • lol. hi and welcome :) sounds like you've done some research and are ready to go! i am fairly certain the "timing" refers to when in the fertile window sex was had. does that make sense? (someone correct me if i'm a moron). anyway- good luck to you! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and GL!  

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagerockopera:

Welcome & GL!

Timing refers to when you had sex around O, O-3 would mean 3 days before ovulation, etc.  

Thank you! That makes sense now. 

• Welcome and good luck!
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Welcome and good luck!
    imageFertility Friend Chart

TTC #1 since 10/12
    7/13 : DX Possible PCOS
    ---ultrasound shows clear left ovary, "polycystic appearance" on right
    ---TSH and prolactin levels : Good
    10/9/13
    : RE appointment scheduled

Anniversary
  • Welcome and GL! Seems like you've already learned the tone of the board. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and good luck! Your hair is gorgeous!!
  • oh man this made me laugh!! GL, I am in the same boat as you, just started temping this month and DH thinks im crazy!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagerunforcookies:
    Welcome and good luck! Your hair is gorgeous!!

Aw, thanks so much! I'm really hoping for a little redhead someday :) 

• How can you possibly expect a bunch of internet strangers to tell you if you're preg...ha ha just kidding.

Hello and welcome! GL to you. 

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • imageMrsLski:

oh man this made me laugh!! GL, I am in the same boat as you, just started temping this month and DH thinks im crazy!!!

Glad it's not just me!! I read a post a while ago where someone's H was asking them questions about CM...I think if I ever mentioned CM to mine he would just cringe! 

• Welcome Smile

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• Welcome and good luck!  Hopefully you will be KTFU soon!
  • Must be the day for H's to be "over" the tracking thing in the first month...my husband doesn't understand why I need to pee on things and take my temp, he says "millions of women have gotten pregnant for millions of years without it"...I just smile.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome and good luck!

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• I read the first line of this...put my phone down to go make a cup of tea and contemplate "semiprotected sex"...then came back to read the rest...Phew!!

Welcome and good luck!!!
  • Welcome to the board!!  I like you already! Bring on the snark!
    Married since 10/2011
    TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Dx: No Sperm Count

History:
    Referred to RE after SA results
    HSG, bloodwork, and U/S all good
    3 Non-Medicated IUIs + 1 Clomid IUI w/ Trigger = All BFNs

Today:
    Dr says 2 more Clomid IUIs until we move to IVF

Our Fur-baby Shelby

My Ovulation Chart

• lol!!! Welcome and good luck!
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ha!  I love that you included "semi-protected" sex!  Welcome to the board and good luck:)
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
  • Welcome and good luck! I like the spelling of your name, you don't see it like that often. It's almost identical to my best friend from high school, only it was an "e" instead of "y".
    Baby Boy Due December 29th!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome and good luck!

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagetinydove:
    Welcome and good luck! I like the spelling of your name, you don't see it like that often. It's almost identical to my best friend from high school, only it was an "e" instead of "y".

Thanks! My dad wanted it spelled the Gaelic way (Ceilidh), but my mum overruled him lol 

• Welcome!  Your hair in your sig. picture is amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the board. Good luck!!
    ~Allyson 6 & Ellianna 5~
    ~Team green turned Blue on 4/6/14~
  • Welcome and good luck! Sounds like you lurked well!
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• Welcome and GL!

• Welcome, GL to you.
  • Welcome and good luck!!

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Welcome! Loved your post. Also, I agree with PPs: your hair is gorgeous!!
  • Welcome and good luck. You have amazing hair and I am super jealous...that is all
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome! Your post made me gigglesnort. I was so confused about semi-protected sex, like if you maybe used half of a condom or something. You do have amazing hair! 

• Welcome and good luck!!!
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Welcome and good luck!
    Dx: PCOS, started Metformin 7/13
  • Welcome to the board and GL! Your hair is absolutely lovely in your siggy pic. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"