March 2013 Moms
Options

anyone else NOT have childcare lined up yet?

So, my plan was to wait until after the holidays to start looking for child care, thinking that with how many in-home providers and child care centers there are in our area, I would have no problem...ha! I should have started months ago!

I would prefer an in-home provider, since it's about half the cost around here, but everyone I've talked to so far either won't hold a currently open spot until May (when I'd be going back to work), or else they know they won't have any infant openings for over a year. Frustrating! So, now I'm freaking out about finding something....

Anyone else not have child care lined up yet? Or am I the only procrastinator?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: anyone else NOT have childcare lined up yet?

• Options

We haven't yet.

I don't need anything lined up until August, so I have a little more time.  I do know that I need to start looking into what is in our area.

Good luck finding something! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We're on the waiting list for day care at my office (starting at 6 months). We haven't interviewed anyone yet as I'll be home the first 12 weeks. We'll do interviews midway through for someone to work during the week from 3 months onward and then babysitters for evening as needed (DH and I both have evening meetings).
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJmeJme:

So, my plan was to wait until after the holidays to start looking for child care, thinking that with how many in-home providers and child care centers there are in our area, I would have no problem...ha! I should have started months ago!

I would prefer an in-home provider, since it's about half the cost around here, but everyone I've talked to so far either won't hold a currently open spot until May (when I'd be going back to work), or else they know they won't have any infant openings for over a year. Frustrating! So, now I'm freaking out about finding something....

I have never heard of a place that would hold a spot without payment. We have paid for our first month and the LO will not be starting until October.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We unfortunately don't have anything lined up yet either. I'll be going back to work late June or early July depending on when baby makes his appearance. My patents are 2 hours away but my dad is retired and said he's willing to help. Still I don't want to put that burden on him everyday so we do have to line up some other form of baby care. In our area it's hard to find someone to commit this early though. We'll probably start looking in January.

Good luck in your search!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagecaladpi02:
    imageJmeJme:

I have never heard of a place that would hold a spot without payment. We have paid for our first month and the LO will not be starting until October.

I had planned on putting down a deposit, which I understood to be the norm from other moms I've talked to, but the places I've talked to dont even do that! Looks like I might have to find a daycare center and then, if a spot should open up somewhere, go with an inhome if that's what we still want to go with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We have not yet, i still have not made up my mind if i'm going back to work or not. i really hate to work just to pay a stranger to raise my child but on the other hand i hate to run us short on money and i do enjoy my job.  i'm on the fence, we have been married 17 years and watied a long time for our little guy and i hate to miss anything. one of my co-workers mother in law babysits for 25.00 a day, i'm kind of keeping her in mind if i do go back to work.
  • Options
    I don't have dc lined up yet. Though it's because me and my DH work opposite shifts so that we don't have to have DC. I work overnights and he works days. We don't spend a lot of time with eachother but it works for us.
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• Options
    I have a "rough draft" of what I intend to do for child care. I have decided to hire a nanny. A guy my husband works with uses a nanny service through his church, so we may go through them since they have to have background checks to be in the service.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Me - don't need anyone until mid-August but really need to get on it!
    May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• Options
    Me!  I have a couple of numbers I keep meaning to call, but I haven't done it yet.  That's the big to-do on my list for Monday.
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

imageAnnelea:
    We have not yet, i still have not made up my mind if i'm going back to work or not. i really hate to work just to pay a stranger to raise my child but on the other hand i hate to run us short on money and i do enjoy my job.  i'm on the fence, we have been married 17 years and watied a long time for our little guy and i hate to miss anything. one of my co-workers mother in law babysits for 25.00 a day, i'm kind of keeping her in mind if i do go back to work.

Those who choose child care are not having "someone else raising their children".   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAnnelea:

Those who choose child care are not having "someone else raising their children".   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm the director of a daycare so I saved myself a spot when I found out I was pregnant. But we usually have at least a six month waiting list if not longer.. Usually closer to a year.. So 5 months before looking could be tough.

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"