February 2013 Moms

Nighttime nursing bras...necessary?

I've had a hell of a time trying to find a comfortable nighttime nursing bra. STMs, how necessary ARE they? Did you use them or find an alternative? I tried on all 4 varieties at Motherhood and would not be able to sleep comfortably in any of them. 

Any suggestions for a good brand?

TIA 

Re: Nighttime nursing bras...necessary?

• I heard Target has great nursing tanks that the moms use for night time.  Im going to check them out this weekend.  I heard the ones at Motherhood are very uncomfortable.  Good luck.
    3 angel babies; m/c 2009, 2010, 2011. Our little blessing is due February 2013. Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • I have a nighttime nursing bra, and love it. I will need to check the brand. It's lke a sports bra, but more comfy. I needed one because of leaking and I didn't always want to wear a tank that was that close to my body (you sweat A LOT after the baby is born as hormones adjust).
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • You can definitely use a regular sports bra if you want. I did occasionally, but preferred nursing tanks from Target or Motherhood Maternity.
    I did buy one nursing sports bra from Motherhood Maternity. It's not very supportive, but it's comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Motherhood ones are comfortable after about ten washings. I also wear them wrong side out because the seams bother me. :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wore target tanks both night and day. 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I wore a nursing bra at night because of leaking. I didn't do underwire and got mine from jc penny.
  • I just wore the busing bra I wore during the day. Don't wear sports bras, not good for your milk producing breasts. I had to wear nursing pads otherwise I'd of been a milky mess in the morning, some people don't have that issue though!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • You don't need support at night, just a sleep bra to hold the pads. There were a couple times I was so sick of wearing a bra that I just said eff it and went to bed in a t-shirt. I woke up soaked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You need something to hold nursing pads until your supply regulates and you stop leaking. Ugh, The leaking at the beginning is so gross!
  • I got mine in a two pack at walmart of all places and loved it.  I needed them to hold my pads and to keep my shirt or anything from rubbing on my nipples because they were super sensitive at first. 

• I hate sleeping with a bra on, so I'm hoping to get away with a nursing tank and these nighttime pads that I found with adhesive on them. I move A LOT during the night, so I need as much help as I can get. I'm a FTM, so it'll probably be trial and error, but this is what I'm hoping works. 

To the PP who said that you sweat like crazy after you deliver, I hope it isn't much more than now! We keep the house at 55 degrees at night and turn the ceiling fan on, but I still wake up drenched. Between that and the ridiculous amount of drool, I wake up every morning totally dehydrated. 

• imageDC2London:

To the OP, I got some Medela nursing sleep bras at Buy Buy Baby that were...pretty good.  They are like a really soft, flexible sports bra.  They were super comfy at first, but unfortunately they shrunk quite a bit with washing, no matter how I washed them.  IDK if I just had bad luck or what, but you may want to choose one that is a bit generously sized. 

I used the Medela ones too. I didn't have any washing issues though. I would definitely get something to wear though because most women will leak(at least at first) and it's not fun waking up all wet! 

ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I never found any that I thought was comfortable.  Fortunately, I never leaked, so they weren't necessary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"