March 2012 Moms

If your LO takes 2 naps

What time does the afternoon nap start for you if your LO only takes a morning and an afternoon nap? And then when is bed time?

I think our afternoon nap is on the early side, since we have a hard time making it to bed time without a major meltdown. I've been trying to push bed time back as well since DS thinks 5am is a great time to wake up, and it's hard to do when he's such a mess in the late evenings.

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
DS born 3.12 
DD born 7.14

Re: If your LO takes 2 naps

• There are all average times. Some days they are very different.

Wake-- 7:00/7:15am

Morning nap-- 9:45/10am

Afternoon nap-- 1:30/2pm

Bed--7:30/8pm...somewhere in there. Rarely past 8 but on occasion.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• He typically naps around 10 and then takes another nap around 5. He goes to bed at about 8:30 and wakes up around 6. He will occasionally wake up in the middle of the night but not often.

ETA: I should probably  add that he wakes up at six because it's been rather routine. During the week this is the time that our day starts. I drop him off at DC at 8am before I head to work. Much of his routine is reinforced by this schedule.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecountrygrl5533:

There are all average times. Some days they are very different.

Thank you for sharing! I am trying desperately to get to a 7:30 or 8pm bed time so this is very helpful. DS only sleeps about 10hrs at night though so it is kinda tricky.

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Wake 6 AM
    1st nap 8:30 AM
    2nd nap 12:30/1 PM
    Bed 7 PM

Sometimes it varies, but that is an average day.
  • Wake: 730am

Nap 1: 930am - 1130am

Nap 2: 200pm-330pm

Bedtime: 630pm (STTN)

Sometimes I wish he was awake more than 7.5-8 hours per day, but I know how lucky we are to have a good sleeper, so I try to keep to his schedule. We don't force him down at nap times or bedtime, this is just when he gives the sleepy cues. My school starts at 845, so this is when he naturally wakes up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wake - 7-8 am

nap1 - 10 am

nap2 - 2 pm

bed - 6-7pm (wake for a bottle around 4-5am then goes back to bed for a couple of hours) 

• imagecountrygrl5533:

There are all average times. Some days they are very different.

Now that I am off work for 2 weeks, this is our schedule too.  When I am working, she has to get up by 6:15 (usually she hears DH and I and is up at 5:30) and I am not sure when the Grandmas do naps.  They write it down, but as long as she is happy I don't bother looking at the nap schedule.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our schedule depends on what time DS wakes up.  For simplicity, this is the schedule when I work:

6:00 - Wake

8:30 - Nap #1 (usually 45-60 min)

12:00 - Nap # 2 (usually about 2 hours)

8:00ish - begin bedtime routine.

On these days, he often has a little catnap (about 20 min) in the evening after he nurses around 5, but not always.

On days I do not work, he usually wakes up later since I don't have to get him up for daycare.  Then, naps are typically spaced about the same (roughly 2 1/2 hours between waking and nap 1, another 2 1/2 hours between nap 1 and nap 2), they just begin later. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Afternoon nap can start anywhere from 2 to 4... and has to end before 5:00 at the VERY latest. Bedtime is at 7:00, and the longest she can stay up between the last nap and bed (without totally melting down) is 4.5 hours. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Wake up 6:30am

1st nap 8:30am-10am

2nd nap 2pm-4pm

Bed time 7pm

We give her two bottles between the 10am to 2pm stretch.  A sleep expert told a friend of mine that the first nap shouldn't be after 9am.  Not sure why or if that helps.

• Wake: 8:30 ish

Nap: 11

2nd Nap: it's terrible, but it varies day to day. Basically it's when he's cranky, which b is usually around 3 or 4

bedtime: 9ish 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"