June 2013 Moms

GTKY: Story behind your Screen Name

How did you come up with it? Why did you choose it? Ive been curious about some of the names on here. 
Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY: Story behind your Screen Name

• I love Saved by the Bell. Slater called Zach "Preppy" a lot. That's the story lol. 
    Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When I first got AIM I was with my cousin and she wanted to make my sn for me, so I let her. It has just stuck and I use it for log ons.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My first name + initials (I'm a genius, I know)

My avatar is from The Big Lebowski, which is my favorite movie.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My siggy is the same as it was when I started on the knot.  dmlk are my initials before getting married and 4/13 is when DH and I started dating.  SOO lame.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• My husband shares the initials of a popular diet drink of the 60's... and I pink puffy heart him.

Yes, I'm cheesy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagestackie16:
    My name is Stacy, and I once convinced someone it is pronounced with a k sound, so stackie stuck. Then my jersey number from soccer.

LOL. I love that. Also, yay for soccer players!

• Mine is from my yahoo screen name from forever ago when I first got a computer...i love to camp...im a girl...and Im sweet LOL...My avatar is our wedding cake....
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • imagestackie16:
    My name is Stacy, and I once convinced someone it is pronounced with a k sound, so stackie stuck. Then my jersey number from soccer.

That is hilarious! 

• Not very creative here either; first and middle name with birth year.
  • I'm a skier. Skio is an Old Norse word meaning 'stick of wood', from which ski was derived.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • imageihearttab:
    My husband shares the initials of a popular diet drink of the 60's... and I pink puffy heart him. Yes, I'm cheesy.

And my husband goes out f his way to be TaB! IMHO, it's nasty, but he loves it. 

Wish is a nickname, derivative of my first name. 82 is the year I was born.  

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Different parts of mine and my moms name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesubliminalrabbit:
    imageJaimeCH:

My avatar is from The Big Lebowski, which is my favorite movie.

HUGE fan.  Every time I watch it, I pick up on something else brilliant!

Yes

• Mine is super boring....first half of my maiden name and my first initial. I like that people sometimes think of Sigmund Freud, though.
  • My husband is a big Florida Gator fan, so I became his Gator wife when we got married.  My avatar is the butterfly that is on my back.  Smile
  • I like Kermit T Frog

I wanted a pregnant/mom/bump-ish name, so there you have it.

• "Purple Cobras" was my intramural dodgeball team name. We would go to the bar after our games and do the Globo Gym Purple Cobra chant in our uniforms: "We will, we will, rock you! (slap our thighs and then put our hands up and hiss loudly)". Obnoxious.

I love the movie Dodgeball. So many good one-liners.

"If you want to have dodgeball victory, you have to grab it by its haunches and you gotta hump it into submission!"

"Well, that's it. Good guy wins. Bad guy loses. Big freakin' surprise. That's the problem with the American cinema: Can't handle any complexity. "Whoa! Don't make me think!"

"Average Joe's has a tough job, facing the Lumberjacks. These woodsmen probably haven't even smelled a woman in eight months."
    "They must masturbate a lot, Cotton."

I could go on, and on. 

DS#1 3-28-02 ~ DD 6-15-09 ~ DS#2 5-31-13

• I'm jealous that you were on a dodgeball team. That sounds like so much fun!

The chant is one of my favorite parts of that movie. Love it! 

• I love the color blue.
  • imageskio:
    I'm a skier. Skio is an Old Norse word meaning 'stick of wood', from which ski was derived.

That is actually really awesome. Mine's my favorite character from a book I fell in love with in high school, and what used to be my favorite time of day.  

• my husband is currently in medical school and due to his crazy schedule I feel like I am married to medical school as well!! Hence the screen name
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Flerl is my maiden name. It rhymes with girl. I like things that rhyme. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• I wasn't being very creative, it's the first initial of my first name, liz for elizabeth (my mn) and the first initial of my last name. It's basically my SN everywhere, IM (back in the day), part of my FB email, part of my normal email, part of my skype. SN on cake central, pinterest etc. etc.... like I said, not very creative. I wish I had gone with something different lol
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Mine is likely the least creative name on here. My husband writes music, that's how I came up with my name...

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • My husbands email is Auby84@..... (last name Aubuchon and his football number from high school) and so when we got married I decided to make mine Mrs.Auby84@.... so when I joined here I just went with it :)
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• I love the Care Bears, "buggy" as in baby buggy, and the year I was born.  My avatar is Baby Hugs and depending on what LO#2 is, it may change to include a Baby Tugs Smile

• image+Preppy+:

I'm jealous that you were on a dodgeball team. That sounds like so much fun!

The chant is one of my favorite parts of that movie. Love it! 

It was awesome. I wish they had dodgeball for old people--I'd totally still play.

DS#1 3-28-02 ~ DD 6-15-09 ~ DS#2 5-31-13

• My name is Courtney. My best friends little brother couldn't say it so he just called me Courty. It was precious way back then (a whole 13 years ago eeek) and it stuck. 625 is my bday.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageJaimeCH:

imagestackie16:

LOL. I love that. Also, yay for soccer players!

Well, you probably guessed that Meg is my first name, and then Story was my nickname in college- I was an English Ed Major and my maiden name has a literature reference.. and then 17 was my soccer jersey number as well.   

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • My first initial and my last name and our wedding date.
  • My nickname is Li short for Lisa. I don't know why I put it twice. I don't even like it. 23 is the day I was born.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Here's where I disappoint everyone and tell them I'm not a huge fan of BLTs. My original SN was buckeye babe and people called me BEB for short. A friend used to say it rhymed with BLT so thats what she referred to me as. Well when the nest went through one of their awesome changes I got locked out so created this one. And list my gold status. Stupid nest gods.

CJ 05/29/2013

• My name and state. It's alliterative and I liked the sound of it for a sn. One time I googled it, and found out that KentuckyKate is a life size fiberglass milkable cow, that travels to county fairs around here. Hence the cow avatar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I, too, was not very creative. Mine is my first name and last initial and I'm an RN. That's it.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I made this name as an AE when I was TTC my first since I had IRL friends on The Nest and didn't want to broadcast the fact that we were trying. I don't know why I picked Carmen Sandiego, it seemed funny at the time and eventually this became my main account.
    DD1 July 2010, DD2 due June 2013

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a job where I was mailing out information to people all over the world and had to make a mailing label for Helga Funkenstein and I dug the name so hard that I stole it and shortened it to just HelgaFunk.

• I started on TB as a lurker. I created my account for that sole purpose, & picked a very "high-schoolish" SN because I never thought I'd be personally associating myself with it.

Well, after lurking on TTGP, you can't not eventually join in on the fun. I began posting more & more & eventually said, "fluck it"....LovestruckAJ it is. (A & J are mine & DH's initials). I personally still think it's really corny.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • I have a unhealthy love affair with Coffee. It's made for a pretty rough pregnancy...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"