May 2013 Moms

recommend a body pillow?

It's starting to get hard to get comfortable in bed at night. I'm a back sleeper, and I'm having a lot of trouble staying on my side.

For those of you who've been pregnant before and/or have already tried some pillows this time, do you have recommendations? What are the pros and cons of a big body pillow to "cuddle" vs. those "noodle-like" ones that can wrap around you?

Thanks!

Married to the love of my life for 3 years :)
First pregnancy - blighted ovum, miscarriage at 10 weeks, Apr./May 2012
Second BFP 9/19/12 - Hoping for our Rainbow Baby! :)

imageimage image
Pregnancy Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: recommend a body pillow?

• I haven't tried the regular body pillow, so I have no input on those.  My cousin did let me borrow her Boppy prenatal pillow which is great and gave me immediate back relief!  Best thing everrrrr!!!
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'll second the recommendation for the Boppy prenatal pillow!  I tried a regular body pillow (my husband's), and it was too fluffy and difficult to manage.  The Boppy is no small pillow, but it is flatter and more comfortable to stick between the knees.  It is also *slightly* easier to slide under the covers, but moving an enormous pillow around beneath the sheets is gonna be tough, no matter what brand.  Since the Boppy is flatter, I've heard some people complain that it wasn't "enough" beneath the head.  The Boppy is sort of jointed, though, so it's pretty easy to shove the top off to the side and use your regular head pillow.  I've found that if you slide your arm under the top of the Boppy and "hug" it, it is the perfect thickness. (Holding it close to your upper body helps support the boobies, too!)

Another nice thing about the Boppy is that you can easily fold it in half and use it as a back support when sitting up in bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I love the snoogle. I am short too, so i pull the bottom curve up and it supports my belly while still going between my legs. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKLJ3:

I'll second the recommendation for the Boppy prenatal pillow!  I tried a regular body pillow (my husband's), and it was too fluffy and difficult to manage.  The Boppy is no small pillow, but it is flatter and more comfortable to stick between the knees.  It is also *slightly* easier to slide under the covers, but moving an enormous pillow around beneath the sheets is gonna be tough, no matter what brand.  Since the Boppy is flatter, I've heard some people complain that it wasn't "enough" beneath the head.  The Boppy is sort of jointed, though, so it's pretty easy to shove the top off to the side and use your regular head pillow.  I've found that if you slide your arm under the top of the Boppy and "hug" it, it is the perfect thickness. (Holding it close to your upper body helps support the boobies, too!)

Another nice thing about the Boppy is that you can easily fold it in half and use it as a back support when sitting up in bed.

Have you been spying on me while I sleep?  This is exactly what I do!  :) 

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love my snoogle, but I do not like the firmness of the head part so I turn it so the snoogle makes an "S" instead of a "C" and the hubby cuddles with that part.

the bottom curve is around my ankles as well but it is still comfy for me.

I sleep on my side mostly, but the snoogle is supportive enough that I can lay back against is so I am somewhat on my back but still propped a bit on my side and I find that comfy too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My husband just gave me a snoogle and I am obsessed with it.  I have been waking up in the night to pee/toss and turn multiple times for the past couple of months and the first night I used it, I slept for almost 11 hours without waking up ONCE!  It is amazing.  I am short and normally a stomach sleeper and haven't had any issues with it! 

• I have a Preggle, which is the shorter version of the Snoogle, and I love it! I'm 5'2" and it's perfect for me.

There was just a question about this a few days ago. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • imagePinkGlitter2012:
    imageKLJ3:

I'll second the recommendation for the Boppy prenatal pillow!  I tried a regular body pillow (my husband's), and it was too fluffy and difficult to manage.  The Boppy is no small pillow, but it is flatter and more comfortable to stick between the knees.  It is also *slightly* easier to slide under the covers, but moving an enormous pillow around beneath the sheets is gonna be tough, no matter what brand.  Since the Boppy is flatter, I've heard some people complain that it wasn't "enough" beneath the head.  The Boppy is sort of jointed, though, so it's pretty easy to shove the top off to the side and use your regular head pillow.  I've found that if you slide your arm under the top of the Boppy and "hug" it, it is the perfect thickness. (Holding it close to your upper body helps support the boobies, too!)

Have you been spying on me while I sleep?  This is exactly what I do!  :) 

LOL. Great minds just think alike. Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks everyone! I'll go check out the ones you've recommended. Sounds like the snoogle might be a good one for me, since I'm a back sleeper.
    Married to the love of my life for 3 years :)
    First pregnancy - blighted ovum, miscarriage at 10 weeks, Apr./May 2012
    Second BFP 9/19/12 - Hoping for our Rainbow Baby! :)

imageimage image
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"