June 2013 Moms

Poll: what diapers are you going with?

I'm constantly getting advice to start buying diapers now and stocking up. Just curious what diaper brands people favor most with so many choices out there
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Poll: what diapers are you going with?

• I will start out with Pampers for the first 6 months then later on I will go with the Walmart brand. DS2 uses the Walmart brand right now and I have no problems with them.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• I will most likely be going with luvs because that's what I used with my daughter. Every baby is different though so that might change lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would really love to cloth diaper but I just don't think it's in the cards for us. So we'll stick with the same diapers we used with M, pampers sensitive swaddlers. They are pricier but worked well with her, they were also the ones the hospital used and we ended up switching once she hit sz3 because we didn't feel she needed them anymore. Oh we tried the huggies naturals too but they were AWFUL! There was really no snug fit in the leg gussets and we constantly had blow outs. My only complaint about the pampers is the chemically smell they give off (I think it's mainly from the wetness indicator).

Target brand are wonderful too and we'll go with those once LO hits sz3. 

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• If you're buying yourself, I would suggest getting only sensitive diapers to start. Everything else made DD break out in a horrible rash and we couldn't use most of what people bought for us. We were able to exchange a lot of them. Tough part is that you can't control what others but for you.

Also, only get a small pack of NB size. DD was born at 8lbs 14oz and the hospital put her right into size 1s.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • imageskio:
    Also, only get a small pack of NB size. DD was born at 8lbs 14oz and the hospital put her right into size 1s.
    Yes, I would buy different sizes because you never know if your baby will be skinny or chubby. Both my boys were very skinny babies and stayed in NB and Size 1's for a long time. They were in Preemie clothes for about 5 months.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Can't beat Pampers Swaddlers for newborns/babies (IMO); however once they start becoming more mobile, we favored Luvs and switched.  I'll be doing the same this time around as well.  One small piece of advice I'd give on buying diapers now is to NOT stock up on newborn size.  I'd stock up on the 1s and 2s.  Our DD was a big baby and didn't make it through one pack of newborn size diapers. So save the newborn diaper purchases when you have a better estimate of the size your baby will be!  

• I wouldn't buy too many diapers because you never know what kind you will like or how quickly your LO will grow out of each size.

I saw someone on here once mention that every payday she was buying Target gift cards so that she could still prepare for the cost of diapers without actually having to buy them ahead of time. I thought that was a really great idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pampers from the start! My DS also went right into size 1's also!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pampers from the start! My DS also went right into size 1's!!
  • I use cloth diapers but we does use disposables at night and on there occasions.  I buy what ever is the cheapest; usually the Wal-mart brand.  I have used Pampers and Luvs when on sale or if I had a coupon.
  • We are sticking with pampers for baby #3.  I love Pampers point and the rewards we can get.  Pampers worked best for our children's sensitive skin.  We always stock up on diapers and wipes before we had children.  We didn't buy our first box of diapers until they were a year old.  Also, I haven't had to buy wipes for baby #2 since baby #1!  We bought mostly size #3 diapers.  We also purchased them in bulk from Sam's Club to save money.  I found a great deal on wipes for two cents a piece.  I've tried making homemade wipes, but they don't work as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've really only ever use Pampers (Snugglers and then Crusiers) and they work great.  DD started to pee through the Crusiers about 2 months ago so we switched to the overnights for night time.  The Pampers overnights were awful - the regular Crusiers were better for overnights than the overnights!  We like Huggies for overnights now, and still use Pampers during the day. 
  • We use cloth but if we do need disposables we go with Earth's Best or Huggies Pure and Natural. Pampers were awful for my daughter's skin and we had a ton of leaks with them! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• We're going with cloth diapers, but will start out with disposable diapers for the first month or so. (Just until baby's poop starts to regulate.) I'm going to try the Huggies Pure and Natural first, and then go from there.
    photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • Huggies.  Pampers (especially the Baby Dry) burned DS's skin, so we are just gonna stay away from those!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We use Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers with our DS, though also use Huggies Overnights for bedtime, they're wicked absorbant! I know Pampers has overnight ones but a friend recommended the Huggies and they work great.

As far as wipes.. Huggies is BY FAR way better than Pampers wipes.. I can't even believe the difference! I even tried using the pampers ones we received as gifts to wipe DS's face and hands after eating and they just suck no matter what.
  • We've almost always used Huggies Little Snugglers/Movers even though they are more pricey. In the end, I was mostly buying them to get points for their rewards program, though, so I might not be as quick to splurge again.

We had good luck with everything, including grocery store generics and Target. I might go with Target this time.

• I mostly CD, but I love Pampers Swaddlers. Especially in the early newborn days, I loved the wetness indicators. I know Huggies has them too. The indicator really gave me confidence that DS was having enough wet diapers. 
    Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If you don't want to stockpile, one idea is to start a Target (Walmart, whatever) gift card.  Every time you shop, have them add $10 to the card.  Then you'll have a hefty stash of money socked away to buy diapers, wipes, etc as your due date approaches.

We did this with #1 as we were adopting and didn't know when the baby would arrive.  It worked out great and what a fun shopping spree we had at the end!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • We're going with cloth for the time on leave. I think we will then use honest company diapers. Very sensitive skin runs in the family so I plan on going as organic and gentle as possible for at least the first few months.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • imagekmkaull2:

If you don't want to stockpile, one idea is to start a Target (Walmart, whatever) gift card.  Every time you shop, have them add $10 to the card.  Then you'll have a hefty stash of money socked away to buy diapers, wipes, etc as your due date approaches.

We did this with #1 as we were adopting and didn't know when the baby would arrive.  It worked out great and what a fun shopping spree we had at the end!

what a great idea! We are going to try cloth with a diaper service, and will use disposable when needed. I think I will use the idea above though :).

**Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Pampers are the only ones that have worked well for us, but we tried them all. Each baby is different

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Huggies have always worked best with my son, and I'm hoping they work with the next one too.  I personally didn't like pampers b/c they have a smell (powdery) that got in the way of my knowing when my son was wet.  Personally, I'd rather smell pee than chemicals, and I'd rather know he's wet so I can change him ASAP.  But I know lots of people who swear by pampers.

When I registered with my first my friend told me to register for a pack of each kind to try, and I'm really glad I did that!  Sometimes one diaper brand and style just works better than others for your kid, so it's good to try a few!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"