August 2012 Moms

Finally found carrier love!

We first tried the Moby wrap when DS was around 4weeks old. I loved it but DS would scream everytime I put him in it after about a week of use. So I invested in the Infantino Mei Tai and that was an instant no go. I just said ohwell and assumed he wasnt a carrying baby.

THEN on Christmas Eve I was gifted an organic Ergo carrier and its amazing..DS loves it and so do I. Honestly, I would have never known because I would never spend that kind of money on a carrier. Im feel so blessed!

Hope ya'll had a great holiday, ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finally found carrier love!

• DS is also a big fan of the ergo. It has saved my arms!
  • are you guys using the infant insert or putting their legs out? when I've tried out with dd it just seems i have to have her legs too widely spread.
  • Loading the player...
  • Love the ergo! We are not using the infant insert anymore. He's been legs out for about a month now. First time I had him legs out it seemed like they were too spread out but he fell asleep in it right away so he must have been comfy.
  • imageTwizzle:
    Love the ergo! We are not using the infant insert anymore. He's been legs out for about a month now. First time I had him legs out it seemed like they were too spread out but he fell asleep in it right away so he must have been comfy.

can i ask how big your lo is? dd was 12lbs a week ago. I've just been tucking her legs in without the insert, but i know that's not how it's designed.
  • imagehooslisa:
    imageTwizzle:
    Love the ergo! We are not using the infant insert anymore. He's been legs out for about a month now. First time I had him legs out it seemed like they were too spread out but he fell asleep in it right away so he must have been comfy.

can i ask how big your lo is? dd was 12lbs a week ago. I've just been tucking her legs in without the insert, but i know that's not how it's designed.

He is 16 lb and 25 inches. I'm guessing he was probably 14 or so when we went legs out. I think if your lo is comfy the way you are doing it then that's probably ok for awhile. You could try asking on the AP board. There are some baby wearing experts over there.
  • Love my Ergo!
    m/c 2013
  • Well my son is already 20 pounds so I was given the carrier without the insert.
  • Love my Ergo. We had to stop using the Baby Bjorn when LO was diagnosed with slight hip dysplasia. The Orthopediatric doc recommended the Ergo over any other carrier.
    20121014_145338 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemariamont:
    Love my Ergo. We had to stop using the Baby Bjorn when LO was diagnosed with slight hip dysplasia. The Orthopediatric doc recommended the Ergo over any other carrier.

this is interesting.  why is this?  i have an ergo and a moby.  i like them both for different reasons.  i was considering getting a baby bjorn too, though, because i think she would like to face outward.  do you know what the difference is between the ergo and the bjorn that would cause a difference in effects on hip dysplasia?

• imagehooslisa:

imagemariamont:
    Love my Ergo. We had to stop using the Baby Bjorn when LO was diagnosed with slight hip dysplasia. The Orthopediatric doc recommended the Ergo over any other carrier.

this is interesting.  why is this?  i have an ergo and a moby.  i like them both for different reasons.  i was considering getting a baby bjorn too, though, because i think she would like to face outward.  do you know what the difference is between the ergo and the bjorn that would cause a difference in effects on hip dysplasia?

I'm obsessed with babywearing and have researched it a ton, gone to babywearing meetings, etc....if you want LO to face "out" you should do a back carry so they can face out but their front is still pressed to your back.  The fabric that is around LO's bum should always go knee to knee, with knees slightly higher than the butt, so that their weight is on their bum like they're sitting.  If the fabric doesn't go this far then the legs are dangling down and all the weight is placed on their groin which can be really bad for them.  Check out a few pics of Ergo carries, and the baby bjorn and you can see it right away!  Hope this helps :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecmb2:
    imagehooslisa:

imagemariamont:

it helps a lot.  thanks.  i was having trouble envisioning what you were talking about with the fabric to the knees.  i googled it and saw this.  it helped with the visual (for anyone that might be stalking)

https://www.hipdysplasia.org/developmental-dysplasia-of-the-hip/prevention/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/

I'm obsessed with babywearing and have researched it a ton, gone to babywearing meetings, etc....if you want LO to face "out" you should do a back carry so they can face out but their front is still pressed to your back.  The fabric that is around LO's bum should always go knee to knee, with knees slightly higher than the butt, so that their weight is on their bum like they're sitting.  If the fabric doesn't go this far then the legs are dangling down and all the weight is placed on their groin which can be really bad for them.  Check out a few pics of Ergo carries, and the baby bjorn and you can see it right away!  Hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"