August 2013 Moms

Take the pledge!

Has anyone else noticed there are some really negative comments here at times? I mean I know we are all here for discussion but why get nasty? Could we start a pledge? Who's with me? I pledge that if I haven't anything nice to say, I'll say nothing at all!

Re: Take the pledge!

• No.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah. I don't get it either. And good luck because for some reason people enjoy being mean.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJomojack2:
    Yeah. I don't get it either. And good luck because for some reason people enjoy being mean.

Actually, people enjoy common sense, which can be lacking here from time to time. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope!

You cannot tell other people how to respond on an internet forum.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJomojack2:
    Yeah. I don't get it either. And good luck because for some reason people enjoy being mean.

No, I just don't enjoy stupidity or people telling me what to post.

• This is such a happy time for so many moms why clutter it with negativity?
  • imagemairforcewife:
    This is such a happy time for so many moms why clutter it with negativity?

FWIW, BMBs are very P&Rs compared to the rest of TB boards.

• There's nothing wrong with respecting others posts. Also if you think a post is soooooo stupid what is accomplished by pointing it out. That's all. Be an adult not a bully and respect people and their differences even if it is "stupidity". That's all. There are some "wow" posts out there but I just shake my head and move on. Oh well. I stopped coming the bump before when I was preggers DD I am trying to give it another chance.
  • I was hoping this would be a pledge to stop peeing on sticks....

Meh. I couldn't have agreed to that either. 

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• Responding with truth, intelligence, and/or common sense rather than just telling people what they want to hear =/= being mean or nasty.

Disagreeing with someone & expressing your opinion also =/= being mean or nasty.

So no, I won't make a pledge to censor myself. 

• imageJomojack2:
    There's nothing wrong with respecting others posts. Also if you think a post is soooooo stupid what is accomplished by pointing it out. That's all. Be an adult not a bully and respect people and their differences even if it is "stupidity". That's all. There are some "wow" posts out there but I just shake my head and move on. Oh well. I stopped coming the bump before when I was preggers DD I am trying to give it another chance.

I guess I haven't been around much. Because I haven't seen any bullying!

So because not everyone agrees with one another we are bullying?

Ugh...it's going to be a long 8 months here...
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • imageMindyBadger1:

I was hoping this would be a pledge to stop peeing on sticks....

I also thought it was to pledge this. Or to not text and drive. Both of which I have already promised DH. OR rather I pledged to him. Smile

• It's all in how it's written. Well I for one will try to season my words with salt.
  • LOL LOL and LOL. Well this made my night.
    imageimageimageimage

• Something as simple as attacking someone's choice of name spelling. Yes that's bullying.
  • imageWashingtonQueen:

There are few gifs that I actually enjoy. This is now one of them. So perfect.

• imageJomojack2:
    Something as simple as attacking someone's choice of name spelling. Yes that's bullying.

That is not bullying, that is pointing out the hardship they want to burden their child with.

• I really really don't think this board is that bad. If you think this board is bad go lurk in TTC or Babies on the Brain. Those women flame and are not ashamed to do so either. I have been flamed before on those boards and watched others get flamed. This is quite toned down. Not everything is going to glitter and sparkle and sometimes people are blunt and to the point.
    imageimageimageimage

• What's even funnier is the ones that are against this pledge are the ones I have already noticed are the "mean" girls. I just wonder if you are like that in real life.
  • imageJomojack2:
    Something as simple as attacking someone's choice of name spelling. Yes that's bullying.

Nope. It's called disagreeing!

If you don't like it don't post your baby name ideas because you will get mixed responses, period.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • imageWashingtonQueen:

imageJomojack2:

That is not bullying, that is pointing out the hardship they want to burden their child with.

True story. Check out the book Freakonomics for more on this. 

Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJomojack2:
    What's even funnier is the ones that are against this pledge are the ones I have already noticed are the "mean" girls. I just wonder if you are like that in real life.

LMAO
    "Mean girls"? Too funny.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • I'm guessing this thread hasn't turned out the way that OP wanted. It must be hard to have to abandon one's own thread just to uphold one's pledge.
    BFP #1 and m/c on 10/24/2010 ~6wks
    BFP #2 07/12/2012 (EDD 03/23/13); m/c 07/28/12
    BFP #3 12/05/2012 (EDD 08/19/2013); baby girl born 08/09!

• imageJomojack2:
    What's even funnier is the ones that are against this pledge are the ones I have already noticed are the "mean" girls. I just wonder if you are like that in real life.

Notice how you are the only one in this thread besides OP that is "for" it?

• imageJomojack2:

Many of the ones "going against the pledge" are ladies who have been around these boards for a while and know how it is on TB.  People debate and disagree on here.  I don't even see what the point would be if we didn't.  And I agree with PPs that this board is actually really tame compared to others!

After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• imageamarissa85:
    I really really don't think this board is that bad. If you think this board is bad go lurk in TTC or Babies on the Brain. Those women flame and are not ashamed to do so either. I have been flamed before on those boards and watched others get flamed. This is quite toned down. Not everything is going to glitter and sparkle and sometimes people are blunt and to the point.

I don't know if you remember, but I got pretty mad at you on TTGP in your BFP post.  :)

• imageJomojack2:

Idk but I'm back to lurking now. Probably going to delete my account. I don't put up with disrespect in my classroom. Why should I tolerate it here?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMindyBadger1:

I was hoping this would be a pledge to stop peeing on sticks....

Nothing to do with your comment BUT I LOVE YOUR MUG!!! haha that is a joke we have at my work place! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nah, I think I'll pass on the pledge.  Maybe it's my hormones, but after seeing the same post 80 different times every day (ok, I exaggerate), it gets hard NOT to say something. 

Maybe I'm a "mean" girl, but I'd rather someone call me out then let me go on with my head stuck in the clouds or someone tell me I'm being stupid when I am.  Or even to tell me to get a grip on reality when my hormones are going all out of whack and I'm acting like a crazy, insane woman.

IRL, I'm actually one of those super sweet people that will let you walk all over me until I've had enough.  And then I get super b**chy.  So maybe that's why I'm more blunt on here .... because by the end of the day, I've had e-freakin'-nough!  :) 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• imagebrooksadrian:
    imageJomojack2:
    Idk but I'm back to lurking now. Probably going to delete my account. I don't put up with disrespect in my classroom. Why should I tolerate it here?

Nothing "bad" was said in your post. Hmm

• imagebrooksadrian:
    imageJomojack2:

Ha! Who disrespected you? Your chiro thread didn't make any sense at all and I STILL tried to offer words of wisdom to you. That really pisses me off because I figured you were just excited and rambling and I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

• imagepeanut+muse:

imageamarissa85:
    I really really don't think this board is that bad. If you think this board is bad go lurk in TTC or Babies on the Brain. Those women flame and are not ashamed to do so either. I have been flamed before on those boards and watched others get flamed. This is quite toned down. Not everything is going to glitter and sparkle and sometimes people are blunt and to the point.

I don't know if you remember, but I got pretty mad at you on TTGP in your BFP post.  :)

I thought I recognized your name. But I have seen a lot of people get flamed. We are complete strangers for the most part. If I get flamed so be it. I am just going to brush my shoulders off and keep it moving. What else are you going to do?

imageimageimageimage

• if you just want someone to agree with you 100% of the time, talk to the mirror.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • imageWashingtonQueen:

imagebrooksadrian:
    imageJomojack2:

Nope!

But because we didnt give her "puppies and rainbows" we are disrespecting her....this just gets better and better!
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    imageWashingtonQueen:

imagebrooksadrian:
    imageJomojack2:

Nope! But because we didnt give her "puppies and rainbows" we are disrespecting her....this just gets better and better!

Don't forget the unicorns!

TTC #3

• This may get deleted but I thought it was hilarious.

https://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_gifs/3158583/Glitter+everywhere/

ugh it doesnt show up...major booo

imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:

This may get deleted but I thought it was hilarious.

Oooo, sexy glitter spanks!

• imageamarissa85:

That's awesome ... maybe I can talk my husband into doing this to me tonight?!

TTC #3

• imageaessary03:
    imageamarissa85:

That's awesome ... maybe I can talk my husband into doing this to me tonight?!

LOL!!!

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"