2nd Trimester

Monistat 3 day?

Okay I feel like I have a yeast infection I can't get in to see my OB until next week monday. I asked to see her nurse or another doctor but I supposedly can't do that for what I need to get checked out. Is monistat okay while pregnant? I'm still waiting for someone to call me back from her office and tell me what to do. This has been going on since last tuesday and It's gotten worse. I am now in pain while I shower and wipe after using the bathroom. Also this itching is driving me crazy because I don't want to touch myself to scratch. I just want to go buy some monistat and start it right now. I called my OB at 9am and have been waiting all day for their call. Im so irritated with them right now. I know they're busy but still I'm just annoyed. TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monistat 3 day?

• my doctor recommended the 7 day and told me not to use the 3 day.
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • I used the 3 day but had to take 2 courses a 7-days apart to beat it.  My OB just told me to take something OTC and that is what the pharmacist recommended and it worked well for me.  Good Luck.
    Our Little Miracle - Raymond Clifford Jr Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB said I should use Monistat 7. I have used it twice already.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I was told to use the 7 day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Thanks ladies. A nurse finally called me back and she said to use Clotrimozole 1%. I'm not sure if it's the same thing as monistat or not but it is over the counter so i'm going to get that right now. Well my SO is out so he's brining it home. Now that I think about it I remember using monistat in my first pregnancy but I was told something else in my second pregnancy. I did have a different OB the first time around though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am prone to yeast infections! My OB said it was ok to use either Canesten or Monistat but go for the 7 day treatment. IT works better and isnt as strong.  Also to use the cream not the pills. I find canesten works best to stop the itching right away, monistat burned a bit but that might have just been me.  
  • The 3 and 7 day were on the list of safe/approved medications that my OB gave me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"