New York Babies

Maternal Fetal Medic OB in NYC??

Hello!

I am 15 weeks pregnant. I just switched insurance and have to switch OBs. I feel like I am picking blindly and would love some recommendations.

I need to go to an Maternal Fetal Medic or a High Risk OB because I am a type one Diabetic.

I live in Nassau County but work in Manhattan, so I am open to a Dr in either location.

If you have any great recommendations, I would love to hear them!

Sydney 

Re: Maternal Fetal Medic OB in NYC??

• Dr. Stone or Dr. Edelman at Mt. Sinai are both intelligent with lovely bedside manners.  They're incredibly skilled (google them).  As an aside, most MFMs do not deliver; they work along with your OB.

If you're looking for an MFM who delivers, Dr. Victor Klein on LI does both (a rarity).

image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I am seeing a hi-risk doc, Dr. Lynn Simpson at Columbia. This is my first birth (twins), so I can only speak about my experiences so far. 

She's very nice and considered a top doctor. She's the head of some department there, but that also means that she's busy and it is possible that she won't be the one delivering you.

I find that I wait in the office a lot, but I think that's standard for an OB. 

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • imageSunshineMuffin:

Dr. Stone or Dr. Edelman at Mt. Sinai are both intelligent with lovely bedside manners.  They're incredibly skilled (google them).  As an aside, most MFMs do not deliver; they work along with your OB.

If you're looking for an MFM who delivers, Dr. Victor Klein on LI does both (a rarity).

I've seen both Dr Stone and Dr Edelman and thought they were great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to MFM on east 90th and Madison. Dr Bender delivered me at Sinai. He was awesome. Can't say enough good things about him. I had several things going on in  my labor but he would come in himself and check the monitors. Then he would explain everything in a calming way. He sat by my bedside unit everything regulated and answered any questions. Very good bedside manners.

The practice is mostly men but all of them are very nice. The NP's do office visits but don't deliver. I really liked Jennifer.  Some of my friends used to work with her when she worked at the hospital and they all have great things to say about her and all the members in the practice. Dr Silverstein also has a great personality, sense of humor and professional. 

https://www.mfmnyc.com/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMari621:

I went to MFM on east 90th and Madison. Dr Bender delivered me at Sinai. He was awesome. Can't say enough good things about him. I had several things going on in  my labor but he would come in himself and check the monitors. Then he would explain everything in a calming way. He sat by my bedside unit everything regulated and answered any questions. Very good bedside manners.

The practice is mostly men but all of them are very nice. The NP's do office visits but don't deliver. I really liked Jennifer.  Some of my friends used to work with her when she worked at the hospital and they all have great things to say about her and all the members in the practice. Dr Silverstein also has a great personality, sense of humor and professional. 

https://www.mfmnyc.com/

i go to Mfm now and I absolutely love their practice...I would recommend them to anyone... 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"