May 2013 Moms

Unisex nursery

We are Team Green this time around, so I have to begin working on a "unisex" nursery. I am probably going to use a lot of creams but every color combination I come up with seems very masculine. And suggestions ladies on color combos that are more soft baby, not just boyish?

Re: Unisex nursery

• We did a jungle theme and used a lot of pastel yellow and greens.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Possibly brown and green??
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Restoration hardware has some very nice bedding choices that are very unisex and neutral. Their bedding is pricey but maybe would be good for some ideas!
  • Check out the Pottery Barn Sweet Lambie theme.  Not that you have to buy Pottery Barn stuff....  Just the idea.  We did my first daughter's nursery in that theme and it was soft, cozy and comfy.  And it's neutral enough that you can accent with color after you know the sex.  We used Lilac curtains and other decor.

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/sweet-lambie-nursery-bedding/

• imageTradeMama:
    Restoration hardware has some very nice bedding choices that are very unisex and neutral. Their bedding is pricey but maybe would be good for some ideas!

Thanks! I hadn't even thought to check them out! We have a lot of neutral large item from DD (we knew she was a girl but I wanted neutral for future children) so a little extra cost for this LO is ok! 

• imageBeesMomma00:

Check out the Pottery Barn Sweet Lambie theme.  Not that you have to buy Pottery Barn stuff....  Just the idea.  We did my first daughter's nursery in that theme and it was soft, cozy and comfy.  And it's neutral enough that you can accent with color after you know the sex.  We used Lilac curtains and other decor.

Looks sweet! Thanks

• imagejteneback:
    We did a jungle theme and used a lot of pastel yellow and greens.

Us too, but I did a bright pastel green and white walls. Then I added wall decals.  Although we know it's a girl, we are still doing the rainforest theme because you never know what the next baby will be and I'm not decorating a room again!

BabyName Ticker
  • I think yellow and grey is a great combo for a boy or girl. We are having a girl and we are using those colors with some pink.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I don't feel like hiring someone to repaint the walls (I am paranoid about the paint fumes) so we are leaving the walls beige and then adding sage green accents.  It does kind of lend itself more to boy, but if it's a girl I guess I will try to add more girly things afterward.
  • I'll second the aqua or turquoise suggestion. It pairs well with all different kinds of colors, so it would make a great base color. My favorite colors paired with turquoise are reds and yellows, which are both pretty neutral colors. Turquoise would grow with time too. Can be made babyish and also more adult.

Can you tell its my favorite color?? lol

• we are doing an animal theme, so the bedding is mainly animal prints. However, for curtains and sheets, I have a striped pattern that is white, yellow, lime green, coral, teal,and brown. It definitely works for a boy and I think that the coral and teal give it more of a feminine flair. I love the color scheme too because it is bright but not overwhelming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're Team Green and I'm thinking of using aqua, gray, and yellow as a color scheme.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• pretty sure we're gonna end up being team green (ask me again after friday), but we're doing greens and darker blues instead of the baby blue color. We know that's a little more boy-ish than some would like, but we like those colors! Our theme is going to be baby monsters, so it matches. A little different, but that's kind of how we are...I've never been a fan of girly colors anyway!
  • Google came up with...

image   image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageCBL23:
    I don't feel like hiring someone to repaint the walls (I am paranoid about the paint fumes) so we are leaving the walls beige and then adding sage green accents.  It does kind of lend itself more to boy, but if it's a girl I guess I will try to add more girly things afterward.

You can purchase VOC free paint! Not only is it healthier while you are pregnant it's healthy period for your household! 

• MommaG123, I especially like the second to last one! Thanks... Maybe I should try google because Pinterest isn't doing anything for me!
  • imageBekW2009:
    MommaG123, I especially like the second to last one! Thanks... Maybe I should try google because Pinterest isn't doing anything for me!

I had to weed through a lot.  Those were my favorites I saw, 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBeesMomma00:

Check out the Pottery Barn Sweet Lambie theme.  Not that you have to buy Pottery Barn stuff....  Just the idea.  We did my first daughter's nursery in that theme and it was soft, cozy and comfy.  And it's neutral enough that you can accent with color after you know the sex.  We used Lilac curtains and other decor.

This was in our selection and we ended up going with the Taylor bedding which is grey and cream elephants. We will add pink or blue (or other colours) once we have the baby and know the sex :) I found they grey easier to make male or female vs. the sweet lambie brown and creams - but both are really sweet!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • for our b/g twins I did a combo of creams, browns, sage green ... I'm loving it. sage is the 'pop'.

TTC 10/2010 DX with PCOS 01/2012 Metformin 05/12. Clomid 07/12 50mg- Bust,no response. 8/12 100mg 0 on CD20=BFP. 9/24-56 9/26-125 10/1-2100 B/G Twins, EDD 05/2013 "It's funny they give you a drug to help get you pregnant, but it makes me not want to have sex with you" -DH. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"