3rd Trimester

What to pack for Baby

I can't remember what all the hospital supplies for baby. Last time, I overpacked and didn't have room to bring anything extra home. What are the must haves in the diaper bag for the hospital stay?

Re: What to pack for Baby

• I'm only taking some mittens, a coming home outfit, and the baby book.  Hospital provides anything else I might need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • Going home outfit with hat, baby book for the foot prints. In the car: the carseat and a blanket for the ride home. My hospital provides everything else. I don't think you even need mittens. DS was always swaddled or nursing in the hospital. Maybe an emory board for filing down the nails, but I think my hospital took care of that last time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We'll be bringing a going home outfit, includes socks and hat, and a blanket, along with a backup in a different size (ie, newborn and 0-3 months), and probably some extra wipes. I think this time our hospital only provides one pack of wipes and I'm not sure how many that will actually be. We might bring our own diaper cream too, just to avoid having to pay extra for theirs. Other than that I think everything else will be provided. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't bring a diaper bag, just a tote bag for myself and throw in the few things LO needs - basically an outfit, hat, and blanket for the ride home. I don't put any diapers or anything like that because I'm not stopping to change her on the way home.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Well it seems I have already over packed for her. I have a few onesies and a few sleepers and socks and a few diapers.
  • I always bring a coming home outfit and nothing else. The hospital will provide everything the baby needs. With my first nursing wasn't going well so I sent DH home for my pump, but I didn't need it the second time. I won't bring it this time, but will have it ready in case I need it and DH can run home and get it.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Coming home outfit, blanket or 2, unless it's in the 70s mid March like it was last year (weird).
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageRedheadBaker:

Our hospital didn't allow moms to dress babies in outfits from home, b/c it made things harder for them, since they were in so often to check baby's vitals. 

How weird!  Even in the NICU, we could dress DD1 and were encouraged to.  Just no zippers since she had leads on her. 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think I over packed. so I may re do my diaper bag. So right now I have mittens, hats, socks, baby legz, booties, 5 kimono shirts, 2 going home outfits, 2 recieving blankets, 1 minky blanket, 1 fuzzy warm blanket, and binkies. I may take out the kimono shirt and just use the hospital shirts. I packed a reusable shopping bag in my bag for goodies.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've never heard of them not letting you dress them in clothes from home. My hospital does, but I think I will just pack a coming home outfit. I have two other kids and laundry is bad as it is. lol. So I think I will just let her wear their clothes at the hospital. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and don't think I will make it to 40. Normal temps here in January are like 45 so a couple of blankets won't hurt.
  • My hospital didn't provide disposible wipes last time. They had these cloths you had to moisten....pain in the a**, so I will definitely bring wipes this time. Last time I brought a coming home outfit, hat, blanket and binkies.

• Going home outfit, blanket, hat, mitts. A fully packed diaper bag in the car, just in case any brown accidents happen on the way home. I would check with your hospital to see what they provide. I was mailed a list after I pre-registered and they will not do any nail care (thats why I'm bringing mits), they do have onsies and swaddle blankets, so I'm just going to use that for him while he's there. I'm a light packer by nature, even my bag only has 5 things in it, that way I have plenty of room for the stolen swag haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our hospital gave us a list and they ask us to bring diapers and wipes. They will provide some so I am going to try to use theirs as much as I can before using mine.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Going home outfit
    2 fleece jammies
    2 blanets
    1 halo sleep sack
    1 hat
    Little headband for photos
    Baby book
    Wipes

My hospital doesn't mind if you dress them in regular clothes. The nurses with DD loooooved her blankets and outfits and would come in and ask to change her! They thought it was fun! And it made me feel good to do it too. Its probably too much but I don't care, its what I like haha!

Also like a pp said, the wipes suck at the hospital. Bring a travel pack.
  • Car seat, going-home outfit complete with mittens and hat since it will be cold. That's about it. I checked with the hospital and it supplies everything else I may need.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyName Ticker
  • I'm a.mombaby nurse and I have no problem with babies wearing their own clothes. It makes them little individuals. I will be bringing my own clothes for baby again this time...I have a lifetime of laundry ahead of me, so a couple extra outfits to wash is no big deal. At my hospital we have blankets, burp cloths, diapers, shirts, wipes, soap, etc. No baby socks though.
  • I will be packing a few onsies, a coming home outfit, and a couple Halo sleepsacks for clothing. I will be bringing lanolin, a nursing cover, and breastpads for the nursing part of the post birth experience. I will probably bring a couple hats but that's it. Babies really don't need as much as we think they do! 
  • Going home outfit, couple blankets, and a couple sleepers to wear in the hospital.  Everything else is supplied for us, and we live about 5 minutes from the hospital so no need for a diaper bag for the trip home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"