TTC After a Loss
Options

April Mommas Check In!

This is a weekly check-in for ladies who had an EDD in April of any year!!

For new ladies: Please feel free to join in this check in. Just post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself and your TTC journey. Please include your EDD's.

April Mommas: 

LunaBug924 4/1/13
jblanky 4/1/13
juliekay25 4/1/13
RunningGal900 4/1/13
doglover31 4/1/13
ktbug13 4/2/13
Sunrise6 4/8/12
janissylves 4/8/13
AmyM72 4/8/13
lsuhoneybadger 4/9/12
mlcarter007 4/11/13
klp927 4/12/13
ScarlettDahlia 4/13/12
MamaWombat 4/15/13
Edenrivers 4/16/13
Luciddream106 4/16/13
Ottersbite 4/17/13
brihall003 4/21/13
Ashpink 4/25/12 & 4/29/13
JiffyJiffy 4/26/13
ufsandra85 4/27/12
Eroplane 4/27/12
ocnfish4 4/28/13
lgoo0304 4/30/13

If you become a Graduate, please PM me so I can add you!!

Graduates:

misteezagirl 4/4/13
CupcakeGirl08 4/5/13
BIM22607 4/8/13
misternmiss 4/8/13
Mash67 4/9/12
Nuttycoconut 4/9/12
raashton 4/11/12
JessicaRobb 4/11/12
AmeliaKris 4/11/13
atleighdan 4/14/12
Meow7511 4/15/13
Bizzy80 4/25/12

TTCAL Question: Any new updates to share?  Any venting or complaints you want to get off your chest?  Share!

Fun Question: What is your favorite holiday memory from childhood? Bonus for PIP!!!

Quote for the Week: The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Sorry that I haven?t been very active this week girls! The holidays have kept me hopping!! I hope everyone is having a great day!

and here are some treats:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: April Mommas Check In!

• Options

TTC Update: CD2 here. AF came late last night - just like Santa, only not so welcome Sad Oh well... Here we go again!

Fun Q: I have many, but one was fighting over our advent calendar with my sister! I missed it so much that I made everyone in the family one almost exactly like it this Christmas!

• Options
    TTCAL Question: Any new updates to share? Any venting or complaints you want to get off your chest? Share!

Fairly certain AF is here. This is my first cycle being on progesterone and I am 13 DPO with a huge temp drop and some light bleeding. Will use the progesterone until tomorrow and test, but am really 99.99 sure this is AF. Since I didn't get pregnant this cycle, I am supposed to schedule a saline sonogram, but I really disbt like that RE and am now thinking I want to switch. But I will probably just do the sono with him and then switch to the other RE. I am also calling a hematologist about my MTHFR tomorrow

Fun Question: What is your favorite holiday memory from childhood? Bonus for PIP!!!

Somehow one year my dad managed to get a huge, fully assembled trampoline in the backyard after we went to bed on Christmas Eve. It was awesome.

Quote for the Week: The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. P. J. O'Rourke
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Those drinks look delicious!

I'm in the middle of 2ww right now. 8DPO. I have hopes for this month based on symptoms, but really not sure yet. So tempted to POAS tonight. Might still.

Favorite holiday memory is just being with all of my cousins. I have 41 first cousins. I loved the Christmases when all of us girls who are the same age got the same thing. I felt like one of the cool kids.

Merry Christmas ladies!
    BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.
  • Options
    TTCAL Question: Next week I'll go in for my first monthly. With the new year approaching, I've been thinking a lot more about when we'll be cleared to TTC again and what that will be like. This is 6 months from now, but it feels good to finally start looking toward the future in a positive way. 

Fun Question: What is your favorite holiday memory from childhood? Bonus for PIP!!! Well I can't think of a specific Christmas from childhood that stands out, but there are some little traditions I look back on fondly. I was just telling DH this morning how my dad used to make us kids wait to open presents until he'd had his coffee...he would be really theatrical about taking his time & we'd beg him to hurry up so we could open presents! Looking back now, we probably waited 10 extra minutes, but it always felt like an hour :) Anyhow, I told DH I'd like one of us to do that to our future children. Teehee.  
    Quote for the Week: The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. ~ P. J. O'Rourke I'll drink to that! Merry Christmas ladies!  
  • Options

TTCAL Question: Well, today is CD 7 and AF is FINALLY on her way out. This has been the worst, heaviest period ever! I hope she's just putting up a fight becasue she knows she's going away for a while. I'm just really excited to be off the TTA bench finally. I O late in my cycle, so my FW will be right after New Year's. I feel really good about everything I've done up to this point, so we'll see what happens.

Fun Question: I have a lot of great memories from Christmas as a kid, but they all involve my Grandma and this time of year makes me miss her like crazy. I remember she always used to set the table so nicely, and put place cards for people to sit. My uncle and my brother would always move them around and she would get so pissed! To this day, we still joke about it, and my uncle still moves place cards whenever we have a family get-together. There's a lot of little moments like that that I remember.

PS. I love the quote for this week! I'm taking this to heart since I've decided that after New Year's, I'm giving up the booze. So I'm going to live it up one more night for what I hope will be a good long while! So cheers everyone!

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options

imageRunningGal900:
    TTCAL Question: Any new updates to share? Any venting or complaints you want to get off your chest? Share! Fairly certain AF is here. This is my first cycle being on progesterone and I am 13 DPO with a huge temp drop and some light bleeding. Will use the progesterone until tomorrow and test, but am really 99.99 sure this is AF. Since I didn't get pregnant this cycle, I am supposed to schedule a saline sonogram, but I really disbt like that RE and am now thinking I want to switch. But I will probably just do the sono with him and then switch to the other RE. I am also calling a hematologist about my MTHFR tomorrow

Fun Question: What is your favorite holiday memory from childhood? Bonus for PIP!!! Somehow one year my dad managed to get a huge, fully assembled trampoline in the backyard after we went to bed on Christmas Eve. It was awesome.

BOOO AF! She is such a party crasher. I'm sorry about the RE. I feel like you talked about this on another thread, but what was the deal with him? 

Your dad sounds AWESOME!! What a cool surprise!!

• Options

imageocnfish4:
    Those drinks look delicious! I'm in the middle of 2ww right now. 8DPO. I have hopes for this month based on symptoms, but really not sure yet. So tempted to POAS tonight. Might still. Favorite holiday memory is just being with all of my cousins. I have 41 first cousins. I loved the Christmases when all of us girls who are the same age got the same thing. I felt like one of the cool kids. Merry Christmas ladies!

2ww... cik FX for you this cycle!!!!

41 first cousins?!?!?!?!?! How many siblings do your parents have!?!? I have... 9 first cousins. Holidays must have been crazy!! 

• Options
    imageIgoo0304:

TTCALQ: AF finally left (15 freakin' days!!), and my last HCG was 12. The NP wants me to keep having weekly blood draws for the next month at least, but she said if we wanted to start ttc'ing everything should be fine. I think we are going to keep TTAing for another couple months though. 

FUN Q: I have so many good childhood memories of holidays, I'm trying to narrow it down... One year, my oldest brother came home from college and got me out of school to go Christmas shopping. We spent the whole day shopping, ice skating, and sledding. I think that was the last time the two of us have spent so much time together. 

AF was with you for 15 days - eek!! I waited extra so I could mentally deal with TTCing and I'm glad I did because my cycle was weird after the mc.

I'm so jealous of your day with your brother - that sounds awesome!!! 

• Options
    imagebrihall003:
    TTCAL Question: Next week I'll go in for my first monthly. With the new year approaching, I've been thinking a lot more about when we'll be cleared to TTC again and what that will be like. This is 6 months from now, but it feels good to finally start looking toward the future in a positive way. 

Fun Question: What is your favorite holiday memory from childhood? Bonus for PIP!!! Well I can't think of a specific Christmas from childhood that stands out, but there are some little traditions I look back on fondly. I was just telling DH this morning how my dad used to make us kids wait to open presents until he'd had his coffee...he would be really theatrical about taking his time & we'd beg him to hurry up so we could open presents! Looking back now, we probably waited 10 extra minutes, but it always felt like an hour :) Anyhow, I told DH I'd like one of us to do that to our future children. Teehee.  

Quote for the Week: The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. ~ P. J. O'Rourke I'll drink to that! Merry Christmas ladies!  

I'm sorry you have to wait for so long to TTC, but I purposely waited longer just so I could be more emotionally ready (not that I will ever be over it, by any means).

My mom used to do the coffee thing and we whined so much! I swear it took an hour!!! It go so that I would get up early and brew coffee before we woke our parents up and have coffee waiting, lol!

• Options
    imageLunaBug924:

TTCAL Question: Well, today is CD 7 and AF is FINALLY on her way out. This has been the worst, heaviest period ever! I hope she's just putting up a fight becasue she knows she's going away for a while. I'm just really excited to be off the TTA bench finally. I O late in my cycle, so my FW will be right after New Year's. I feel really good about everything I've done up to this point, so we'll see what happens.

Fun Question: I have a lot of great memories from Christmas as a kid, but they all involve my Grandma and this time of year makes me miss her like crazy. I remember she always used to set the table so nicely, and put place cards for people to sit. My uncle and my brother would always move them around and she would get so pissed! To this day, we still joke about it, and my uncle still moves place cards whenever we have a family get-together. There's a lot of little moments like that that I remember.

PS. I love the quote for this week! I'm taking this to heart since I've decided that after New Year's, I'm giving up the booze. So I'm going to live it up one more night for what I hope will be a good long while! So cheers everyone!

ugh. I would kill AF if she stayed as long as she stays with you girls. I used to be 2-3 days including spotting, now I'm 3-4 days and I think it is SOOO long, lol. It is interesting how it changes.

I'm sorry about your Grandma, but glad that you have nice memories of her. That place card thing sounds like something my family would do - maybe that is why no one ever uses place cards, lol! 

• Options

Still no AF. I was doing research and found this stuff called Vitex that is supposed to help regulate your cycle. I talked to me doctor about it and she didn't see the harm in giving it a shot. So hopefully it helps.

My favorite memory of the holidays would probably be our last minute Christmas shopping with my mom. My mom and sisters and I would take the bus to the mall on Christmas eve and do the rest of our shopping. It was always a blast.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Options
    Hey April ladies! TTCAL ? : We are on our first medicated cycle-both exciting and scary at the same time! CD3 u/s looked good, I've finished Femara and going in on Friday to see if I can trigger yet. Fun ? : That would definitely be making gingerbread men with my dad while growing up. I was our tradition each year.
    BFP #1:  8/10/11 EDD: 4/9/12 Natural miscarriage @ 7 weeks: 8/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/31/12 EDD: 5/18/13 Chemical pregnancy: 9/4/12
    BFP #3:  5/17/13  EDD: 1/24/14 Loss at 5 weeks: 5/29/13

image  imageimage

Lots of testing, all clear with the exception of compound heterozygous for the MTHFR mutation. 

Cycle 1: Femara, trigger shot, Bravelle added due to slow response = BFN
    Cycle 2: Cancelled due to two cysts =(
    Cycle 3: Femara, Bravelle, trigger shot and IUI = BFP then loss #3
    Cycle 4: Femara, Follistim, trigger shot and IUI = BFP!  EDD: 6/7/14

PGAL/PAL welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"