Two Under 2

Best thing about 2U2 boys?

Had our elective scan today though we think the tech f'ed up and kind of slipped on "brother". We were supposed to open up boy or girl tomorrow. Anyway, anyone have 2U2 boys? What's the best thing about it?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best thing about 2U2 boys?

• We will be finding out soon :-)  DS will be 16 months when his brother arrives.  Their sister will be 3 1/2.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• DS#2 is a week old now, and so far there are already benefits. DS#1 just grew out of a pair of shoes that he wore once, and we've received all kinds of Christmas present for him that will never fit for the correct season. Instead of having to consign or give away this stuff, I can reuse it for #2. We've been able to reuse a lot of DS#1's stuff and it's saved us some money. We're a military family and will be moving a lot, I'm excited that the boys will always have some one to play with.
  • Loading the player...
  • Obviously the handy-ness of reusing clothes, shoes, etc.

But as they grow watching them play and interact since I *think* they will be into most of the same things such as blocks.

So far, ours don't play much together... but DS #1 just melts my heart when he will go up to his little brother and lean in ( basically a head butt, just gentle). It is his way of "loving" on his brother and it's so sweet. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • I have the opposite - 2u2 girls - but I think the benefits are similar either way. Being able to pull out all of my favorite clothes from DD1 and use them again has been great, and now that DD2 is a little older they really are getting into the same things at the same time. About 99% of the Christmas gifts they've received so far really could have been for both of them, they share pretty much everything! And they adore each other. No one makes DD2 laugh like DD1 can, and DD1 often wakes up looking for her sister. It's awesome.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's AWESOME! My big boys play together so well and it's been so easy to have ds3 because the big ones entertain each other. I am definitely a referee at times especially when they wrestle which is 90% of the time they are awake. My house is wild and crazy very loud but at the same time they know when mommy means business and to straighten up. They are never clean at the end of the day and spend most their time outside. It's been so great watching them and I can't wait for ds3 to join in 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can't wait to find out!

Obviously, saving on clothes is a big thing. My boys will be completely different seasons but DS1 was tiny for quite a while so I'm hoping DS2 will be able to still wear them in the correct seasons!

Another big thing for us, was we only have two kid bedrooms downstairs. I'm not anxious to move anyone upstairs anytime soon so I knew were going to have kids sharing a room eventually. The fact that I will have two boys so close makes sharing a room that much easier. Of course, this won't even happen until there is a third child which will be several years!

I know just because they are both boys, doesn't mean then will be interested in the same things but I'm positive they will have a blast playing together in years to come! I see them outside throwing a football or building a fort!

• Clothes and sharing toys of course. Ds1 is 22 months and ds2 is almost 9 months. They've started playing together some, as in ds1 will hand his brother a toy and say "share". He's also realized that ds2 thinks he's funny. Which is normally is great except for when I'm trying to nurse a very easily distracted ds2.
    Ds1 is also very protective and concered about his brother. If ds2 wakes up crying from a nap, ds1 will pick up the baby monitor hand it to me then run and stand by the stairs pointing.
    They do have their moments fighting like today over their new toys, luckily ds1 doesn't push or hit often.
    Overall they've been so wonderful together it was among the deciding factors for us trying for LO 3 now due in June.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks so much ladies! It definitely was a boy.. So DS1 and DS2 will be about 22 months apart!
  • Mine are 3 and 4.5 right now, and I love it.  We just had Christmas, and they share all of the toys (except one "big" present for each).

The little one wants to be just like my older one, and the older one wants to show his little brother how to do things.  They sleep in the same room, do the same activities, and are pretty much a single unit right now.  

The worst right now is that they get into all kinds of trouble ;)  Whatever one doesn't think of, the other one does.  

• imageKmommytobeof2:
    Thanks so much ladies! It definitely was a boy.. So DS1 and DS2 will be about 22 months apart!

ds2 and ds3 are 20 months apart. There has been so more jealous issues with ds2 that were not there when it was ds1 and ds2 (they are  only 15 months apart). Ds2 is getting better but for the most part he ignores ds3 right now.

I'm jealous of everyone saying they share clothes. In house that hasn't been the case except for a few items. DS1 was a huge baby, ds2 was small plus they were born in complete opposite seasons. Ds3 was born in june like ds1 but was 2 pounds smaller so nothing has really worked for him. He's now wearing some of ds2's clothes from his first winter but there isn't much. Now with the big boys they are so rough on their clothes that most don't last past 1 season. 

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My boys are 16 months apart. Now that they're older, they have the same interests and like the same toys. They play sports together a lot and are best buddies.
  • This:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They're 27m & 13m old now (about 13.5 months apart) and when they play together, I think my heart might explode. Big Smile

• My boys are 14 months apart and my almost 2 year talks like his 3 year brother. He learns very fast and they play together all day long...also fights break out here and there but thats expected with toddler brothers.
  • imageStefB28:
    This:

They're 27m amp; 13m old now about 13.5 months apart and when they play together, I think my heart might explode. Big Smile

Omg so cute!!!!
  • They are so adorable together! 

Reusing toys, clothes and other "boy" things it is really great. 

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"