Breastfeeding
Options

I hope someone can help

First off, Merry Christmas!

ok, doctors offices are closed because it is Christmas Day and I need advice until tomorrow.

My breast have a shooting pain through them in between feelings, worse in my left than right and the nipples are pretty sore.  I have been breastfeeding for almost four weeks now. My son had normal white on his tongue that he has had since our fist day breastfeeding that I was told was from breastfeeding.

My questions: do your babies have white on their tongues naturally from breast milk? Do these symptoms sounds like thrush or normal new breastfeeding soreness?

Thanks for any help you can give! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I hope someone can help

• Options

The shooting pains sound like it could possibly be thrush, the white tongue not so much.  Milk builds up on their tongues.  To tell if baby has thrush look at the roof of the mouth and/or the gums.  If those are white then it's thrush.

image imageimageimage

• Options

The shooting pains sound like it could possibly be thrush, the white tongue not so much.  Milk builds up on their tongues.  To tell if baby has thrush look at the roof of the mouth and/or the gums.  If those are white then it's thrush.

I would suggest seeing your OB or the pedi tomorrow to get nystatin or genetian violet (sp?).

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The shooting pains could also be vasospasms. Do your nips turn white after feeding or when you're really cold?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    they do get white patches on their tongue with thrush. take a soft rag and see if it wipes off. if it doesnt, it is thrush. i wouldnt stress until you can get to your doctor. even without treatment, thrush goes away on its own in a couple months, so its not hurting your lo.
  • Options
    Right about 4 weeks I started getting these shooting pains between feedings, like an electric shock sorta. My girlfriend gets them too and was told it was her milk coming back in. I was afraid about thrush too, but he doesn't have the signs.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"