November 2012 Moms

I Just Punched My Refrigerator

I totally just threw a tantrum.

I had just transferred some freshly pumped BM into a bag and was moving it to the freezer.

Last night, DH had grabbed five frozen bags "off the bottom" since they were oldest, to take to store at my mom's, just in case.

When I opened the fridge, everything had been shifted and wasn't stacked at all. I can't say "neatly" because currently we have very little freezer space and you can find my BM on top of the SteamFresh Veggies.

Anyway, I started trying to fix them and those gooddddammmn bags were ice cold and slippery little suckers! I couldn't quit dropping them and the whole stack kept collapsing again and again and again.

I threw a bag of okra on the floor. Slammed the door shut. Punched the door. And went and sat in my back yard for a bit.

The okra is still on the floor.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I Just Punched My Refrigerator

• I hate how little freezer space most refrigerators have and they suck for organization.  I'm sorry you are having a rough time keeping everything easily accessible.  I like knowing exactly where everything is.

Maybe you could put the frozen bags into the quart or gallon size ziplock freezer bags to help keep them together? 

And personally, the okra would have went in the trash. Ewww okra. Unless it's breaded and fried? Then its ok with some ranch.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just wait till you drop one of those frozen a** bags on the floor and the bag busts. I've done that and about cried on multiple occasions.

Also FYI if you use the lanisoh purple bags to store it and some have holes contact the company they ship you a whole new bunch of bags and keep track of the bad lot and request only two bags back. all at their cost. I'm very happy with them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageskibi83:

Just wait till you drop one of those frozen a** bags on the floor and the bag busts. I've done that and about cried on multiple occasions.

Even if the bag looks fine after it falls on the floor, be careful when you defrost it. It could have an invisible split and then you come back to a thawed puddle of BM all over the place. Super fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Aw :( take a breath and a break. Its way deserved. Hope your hand doesnt hurt! Guess okra is for dinner? Lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagerdmitten:
    Ugh. The freezer and I are currently in a stalemate. It just won't accommodate any organization and I just won't give up. I've been freezing 6oz bags flat. I stacked the boxes of frozen pizza...don't judge...and made a cubby hole for the BM. While I appreciate the thought, the multiple Omaha steak boxes from my mom are using up much needed freezer real estate.

I'm literally having this exact same problem! FIL bought us a bunch of food from Omaha Steaks. While I think getting free food after a baby comes is awesome, I'm trying to build up a stash here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"