Baby Names

Feedback on girl names

Hello everyone. We are looking for a little feedback on a name for our little girl, due in May. We actually just found out this Christmas morning that we are team pink and are expecting a girl. What do you think of these names? The middle name will be Alice, after my late Grandmother.

Elena

Elaina

Sophia

Audrey

Evangeline (nickname Eva)

Evangelia (nickname Eva or Lia) . This is the Greek version. My husband is Greek.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Re: Feedback on girl names

• My favorite from your list is Audrey, however, not with the mn Alice.

My pick would be Evangelia.  It sounds great with Alice, has good nicknames, and has a connection to DH's background. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Elena - Like it.

Elaina - Like it.

Sophia - Love it!

Audrey - Love it!

Evangeline - Love it!

Evangelia - Hate it!

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback so far, ladies! :)
  • I like Elaina Alice best, next Audrey, then Evangeline.
    Congrats and good luck choosing your name!
  • imagebenmel31:
    My favorite from your list is Audrey, however, not with the mn Alice.My pick would be Evangelia. nbsp;It sounds great with Alice, has good nicknames, and has a connection to DH's background.nbsp;

Exactly this.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I don't like the first name ending with the same sound as the middle name starts with.  If you're set on Alice as a mn than I like Audrey or Evangeline.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • my favorite from your list is audrey, but i don't like it with alice.

second choice is a tie, elena or sophia. 

• With Alice, I agree that I don't like names that end with the same letter as the first letter of the MN. That would leave Audrey and Evangeline. Love both, but prefer Evangeline with Alice.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• imagebenmel31:

My pick would be Evangelia.  It sounds great with Alice, has good nicknames, and has a connection to DH's background. 

This. I also like Evangeline.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually love the name Evangelia.  Not thrilled with how it sounds with Alice, but I like that it's a family name.  I also like the Greek influence with Evangelia.
  • Elena: pretty

Elaina: pretty, but I'm not sure if I like this spelling

Sophia: love it; we might name ours this if she is a girl

Audrey: not my style

Evangeline: pretty

Evangelia: okay, but I like Evangeline much better
  • I really like Evangeline
  • Elaina Alice
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Audrey is my favorite name on your list.  I'm over Sophia, though it's a nice name, and the same goes for Elena/Elaina.  Never been a fan of Evangeline.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"