3rd Trimester

Back Pain-Advice Needed XP

First off I've had moderate back pain since my 13th week in pregnancy. It would only come if I was sitting for too long though. Well the past three days it has been so bad and  almost constant nothing in particular bringing it on. Walking is impossible without help from someone or holding onto something. I can't lift my legs onto my bed because it is too much pain. And now laying on my sides isn't even helping which is what would help before. I've tried ice which helps a little and Tylonel last night which just knocked me out but when I woke up the pain was just as bad. It also feels much better with massage.

This pain is in my lower back and hips I have had very very little cramping come and go. Now I'm a FTM don't know if this is normal or what. I've asked two of my mommy friends one thinks its dehydration which could bring on preterm labor and the other thinks I'm in preterm labor my own mother says I'm just being dramatic and it's part of pregnancy! 

Advice please? 

Re: Back Pain-Advice Needed XP

• First off drink a gallon of water every day. Thats what my ob has me do to keep hydrated. Second get a belly support and take tylenol. If none of that helps go to labor and delivery. Tjey will see if you are having contractions. Make sure you mention your back pain. I went in at 36 weeks with my first cause of chronic back ache and regular contractions and ended up getting lortab wich helped a lot. Also warm baths and backrubs help. Laying down when you can does too. Mine was eeally bad too i was crying trying to walk from our bed to the couch my hubby supporting me. GL and remember when in doubt call and ask your doc or go to labor and delivery!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • Back pain is a part of pregnancy but yours sounds really severe. I'd call your doctor and see what they say/what they can do. In the meantime, try a heating pad!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you seen a chirpractor or a massage therapist? I would suggest you see both. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Why do you have to post same stuff on all boards?
    Don't you trust women at one board?
    Better ask you doctor than asking a bunch of strangers.
  • imagedclsboo235:
    First off drink a gallon of water every day. Thats what my ob has me do to keep hydrated. Second get a belly support and take tylenol. If none of that helps go to labor and delivery. Tjey will see if you are having contractions. Make sure you mention your back pain. I went in at 36 weeks with my first cause of chronic back ache and regular contractions and ended up getting lortab wich helped a lot. Also warm baths and backrubs help. Laying down when you can does too. Mine was eeally bad too i was crying trying to walk from our bed to the couch my hubby supporting me. GL and remember when in doubt call and ask your doc or go to labor and delivery!!

Thanks for the advice! After I read this I drank a LOT of water and SO went out and got me the belly band also took some more Tylonel and was feeling a bit better (I stopped crying) haha Christmas Eve we were at my my grandparents and my grandma fixed my back in literally no more than 2 minutes. She did a simple adjustment while I was on all fours just pressing and firmly yet gently shaking my hips then she rubbed my belly until she got baby the baby to change positions. After that I was fine I got up and had no pain  or trouble walking at all. It was amazing! lol 

• imageMoonlight2012:
    Why do you have to post same stuff on all boards? Don't you trust women at one board? Better ask you doctor than asking a bunch of strangers.

Actually I only posted on two boards. And not because I don't trust women on one but because I'd like a variety of advice. It was not such an urgent matter that I needed to call my doctor but rather learn things that helped ladies who have or are experiencing this just as I am. Strangers or not these ladies know first hand what I'm talking about and what has helped them personally with whatever I want to ask. And as much as I trust my doctor he has never been pregnant and calling him would come after I have exhausted all other measures of relief. Especially on Christmas Eve.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"