April 2012 Moms

boycotting bottles?

My lo has recently stopped taking bottles. He isn't interested in sippy cups, we've tried a few kinds,but will drink out of glass and breastfeeds,which is fine during Christmas break, but I'm worried he may become dehydrated easily when I'm away from him...anyone had this problem or know what to do about it?

Re: boycotting bottles?

• LO started refusing to take a bottle when he was 5 months old.  He still won't take one and isn't too fond of his sippy cup yet.  I don't really know what I would do if I were away from him during the day though.  Sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, LO has been doing this since we started solids at 4 months old. When I went back to work when she was 6 mo, DH tried to give a bottle and was successful at times but has now just tried to give liquids with sippy cup (fast flow) so that she has something in her before I get home.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO did that right before a tooth emerged. I hope this is short lived for you!
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks everyone! I hope it's short lived too! Maybe I can get dh to give him a bottle...
  • We had to switch bottle types last month. Mike was using Breastflow bottles at DC, but started refusing them. We switched to Medela bottles, and after a week or so, he was back to downing them. Have you tried another brand of bottle or upgrading the nipple flow?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well we're at my mom's house for Christmas and she kept him while dh and I went out and he took a bottle as long as its all breast milk, we'd Been mixing with formula before, And he sometimes drinks from sippycups...hopefully it'll last ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"