Trying to Get Pregnant

Merry (Almost) Christmas!

Who's super excited?

I used this year to royally spoil my DH, since he was a champ through my thyroid surgery and has been a rock through this entire TTC journey. He's gonna be like a little kid tomorrow morning. THEN,  we are having a bunch of our family over for gifts and dinner at our place, our biggest Christmas gathering that we've held. Big Smile

How are everyone's holidays going?

Re: Merry (Almost) Christmas!

• Sounds like y'all will have a great time!

It's cold and has been raining off and on all day here, it's just a mess.  We have been packing for our move coming up this weekend, but I'm looking forward to lunch at my Grandmom's tomorrow.  Thanks to the 'help me with a side' post, I'm going to make the Baked Asparagus recipe that sounds amazing.

• I am excited to see my husband open some of his gifts. There was a watch he LOVED but I had already gone over our "limit" for gifts so I didn't think i would be able to get it for him. My mom called and said she needed a gift for DH and I told her about the watch and we went and bought it. He is going to be SO surprised and I can't wait to see his face! We also got my mom and DH's mom a nice frame with a nice wedding photo in it, they will love the sappiness.

I generally just love this time of year so I am pretty much really excited, ha.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have just been lounging around the house and wrapping presents today, but tonight I'm going to church while DH goes to work.

Tomorrow will be spent with the in laws and then work for me. Unfortunately it hasn't felt too much like the holidays around here. Despite that I'm thrilled for the gifts :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mMMMm.. We are also having asparagus. And Chicken parmesan. And pie. :) Yum, yum, yum.

I wish we could wake up to snow. They tease us with the prospect of a white christmas, but we never get it. Its still in the mid 60s here. ;)

• We spent the day visiting with DH's fam and had a nice big dinner. Now I'm going to enjoy a glass of my favorite wine (allergy be damned). I love this time of year too. I will probably wake up a million times tonight because I'll be so excited. Big Smile
  • This Christmas has rocked so far! We were at my parents house the last two days. Yesterday my mom made dinner for the extended family and we had a great time. This morning we did our "Christmas morning" because DH and I were headed to his parents house this afternoon.

I love the way we've adapted our traditions to be able to celebrate with both our families. It's a lot of driving but totally worth it.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Sounds like our holdays. We do our gifts with just DH and I eaaaaaarly Christmas morning because DH's grandma has his dad's side over every Christmas morning. Then, my side and DH's mom's side is coming over to our place for dinner. We are having a full house this year. Its been hectic, we had my grandma's dinner over the weekend.

• We're in my hometown for a couple days, then we're driving 5 hours or so to see DH's family for a while.  It's awesome that we both have the whole week off - we've been together for over 8 years and we've never been able to get this much time off at the same time before.  My brother is making pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning, then my sister and I are making Christmas dinner.  Hope everyone is having a happy holiday!
  • Me and DH are having some drinks. We just put DS to bed and loaded the tree with his presents. His best is a Thomas the Train ride on that we know he will go bananas over. DH is getting a Kindle but I haven't ordered it yet so I am surprising him with another present that I spent too much on. I have a hard time controlling myself... We are having a big yummy breakfast and watching xmas movies all day tomorrow. I have to bake a cake and a side dish of brussel sprouts for a dinner with friends we were invited to for tomorrow night. I can't wait to wake up in the am!

Enjoy the holidays everyone! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"