August 2012 Moms

christmas eve crafts

so, i tried the salt dough hand/foot prints today. 

i used the recipe that calls for 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup salt and 3/4 cup warm water.

it went smoothly, but even after kneeding it for 10 minutes it was still tough enough that i felt like i was going to break her little fingers making the indentations.  the handprints just came out so so.  the footprints were much easier.  i think the handprints will go better once she's bigger.

i just need to seal them and put string on them now.  it was a fun little project.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: christmas eve crafts

• Very very cute. My craftiness today will not be anything more exciting than some cupcakes. Made from boxed cake mix. Love that idea. Maybe we'll try next year. Miss Stella is very crabby today.
  • i tried several different recipies and they didn't work out.  ended up using sculpy and adding just a tad of oil to that to help with the impressions (clay needed to be just a tad softer).
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Loading the player...
  • i used the ingredient and baking instructions from here:

https://olivejuicemama.blogspot.com/2011/12/salt-dough-handprint-ornaments.html

the santa ornament idea is all over pinterest.

here is one page of it, they all differ a little

https://forums.canadianbride.com/Topic807804-15-1.aspx

the footprint ones are just the same idea and painted as rudolph and a snowman.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"