Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Okay, hope this isn't too intrusive, but PP sex...

How long did you wait?  Longer than your 6 week appointment?  Less?  Did it hurt a great deal?  This is my second baby, but my first one is six and I can't remember that far back, LOL!  

Re: Okay, hope this isn't too intrusive, but PP sex...

• It was just under 7 weeks for us and yes, it was not very comfortable. This was my second baby and I had a 2nd degree tear Sad
    3 early mc's since March 2011* 1st IUI - 1/2012 - BFN * BFP - naturally :) - 2/2012 * Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm peeking in here, but I was a few days shy of 6 weeks before I got it on. 

It didn't hurt me at all. It was pretty enjoyable, actually!

Now ask me the last time I had sex! HA! 

• Loading the player...
  • Today and it was wonderful. 2 weeks and 3 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We tried at 4 weeks and it HURT. Tried again a week later, still hurt, but better. A few days after that & I was enjoying it. :) I had a c-section.
  • My doc said no sex until after she saw me at my six week pp appt. I'm three weeks pp now, and still bleeding... No way I'm ready.
  • Three weeks; mind blowing. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I waited till about 7 weeks. It hurt a lot for me!! It was not enjoyable until about the 4th time. We just had to go very slow for the first couple times. I honestly was not expecting it to hurt that bad. I agree with pp, take your time and let your body heal. It needs it!!!! 
    TTC Since Jan. 2011
    July 2011: Clomid 50mg- No ovulation
    Sept 2011: Clomid 100mg- No ovulation
    Nov 2011: Clomid 150mg- No ovulation
    Jan-Feb 2012: 150mg Clomid and 5 mg Femara w/ Orvidrel Shot- Ovulation!!
    Feb 2012: IUI #1- BFP
    Beta #1: 206
    Beta #2: 2496
    Feb 16: TWINS!!!
    June 13: Found out genders... Boy/Girl (Team Green)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/acc1h5.jpg[/IMG]
  • I had pretty bad second degree tears and have not healed, so I won't even consider it until I stop bleeding. It's still very tender though so I can't imagine for at least a few more weeks even trying.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • We had it the day of my 6 week appointment.  I had a second degree tear, and this baby was my first.  It was actually better than I expected, but did get somewhat uncomfortable at the end.  We just took it pretty slowly.  I bled a tiny bit after.      
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • About 4 weeks PP and there was no discomfort at all.  But I was a little alcoholed up, so that may have been a contributing factor.
  • I will be 7 week pp this friday and we haven't yet...my doctor gave me the okay but..after he did my internal to check if everything healed...it HURT! So, it makes me nervous to have sex. So...I'm going to wait another week or so. I had a second degree tear, so I'm just a little nervous.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• We also waited the day of my 6wk check-up. NOT ENJOYABLE hurt, 2nd time hurt, 3rd time was drunk but still kinda hurt 4th time he stopped cause it hurt, 5th time last night and not bad, not necessarily "enjoyable" cause it was very quick but It wasn't painful nor was I in pain afterwards so thats fine to me.

I think how "wet" you are and also position all play a factor. Like doggy style, and me on top both hurt but he was on top last night and not bad.

Although I am waiting to get that "turned on" feeling back I have NO interest in it :( and during my pregnancy I LOVED it. I think I am so focused on trying to NOT get pregnant again is ruining my labedo (sp?), Since I hadn't decided on BC yet cause I am nursing and still trying to find one that'll suit me best.

Also I did not tear w/ this pregnancy and my 3rd. Vag. Natural

• IDK what degree tear I had b/s most of the tearing was internal.  But I'm 4 weeks PP and I can still feel the stitches pull when I move certain ways.  And cleaning after using the bathroom is a very tender thing.  I'm hoping to get cleared in the next 2 weeks, but when I feel those stitches still it makes me nervous.  (And I'm the one that want to jump MH, he's the one holding me off.)  ;)
  • imageLalaMama81:

You should wait until your doctor or midwife told you to. Your body needs to heal, both internally and externally. Just because you feel fine doesn't mean you are. The last thing your uterus needs is bacteria - the place the placenta detatches from is a wound that needs to heal. 

If your husband is bugging you, tell him to grow up.  

Agree with this.  

I waited til midwife cleared me at 6 weeks.  I had an episotomy and at 6 weeks, sex hurt like hell.  Lots and lots of lube!!  It stopped hurting after maybe the 5-6th time.

• Definitely wait until after your PP appointment. It was about 7 weeks for me and it didn't hurt at all. I was so nervous to actually do it too and there was no pain whatsoever!
  • I had a 2nd degree tear so my OB suggested waiting 8 weeks. It's been almost 10 weeks and I gotta say...it HURT.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My first time PP (and also since March!) was last Tuesday.  I'd had a few glasses of wine and it was faaaaantastic!  No dryness or soreness-I had a 3rd degree tear and lots of stitches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"