Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Oh geez I screwed up

My mil came by w her sister and there's a long history there but they pounded on my door when I just started feeding the baby. My 2 year old was resting and I answered the door very annoyed. I told them it was a bad time but let themin  cuz I felt obligated. I then said cani please call before coming over and my mil said,you don't answer and I said that probably means its not a good time. She got upset and left saying she didn't feel welcome and high tailed it out. Now I feel bad and my husband said I was really snappy. I guess I just took the opp to set some boundaries in the wrong way. Ugh what to do she's going to milk this forever
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Oh geez I screwed up

• Don't feel bad. You need to assert boundaries, and it sounds like you have. Your husband need to have your back in this as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, did they really 'pound' on the door?  If it was a bad time, you should have let the know right away, but you let them in regardless....so, that's kind of on you.  It sounds like you don't like this woman, and while I don't find what you said rude at all, she took it that way probably sensing how you feel about her...

REGARDLESS, you are the one with the baby and people need to respect that...if she can't call before stopping by, I would not even answer the door.  You are busy, and you have a two year old, and your husband needs to understand that you are not an entertainer...I find that people get very 'friendly' when there's a new baby involved...they always want to come over, have you stop by and if you don't let them 'see' the baby, hard feelings develop...my feelings?  I don't fukking care.  

I'd explain to your husband that SHE needs to get over it...and if she milks it, I would not even entertain it for one second.  If she mentions it again, say, "I was x amount of weeks post partum and my hormones were going crazy.  Thankfully, it's in the past and I know you won't hold on to it because you're not petty like that..."  If she mentions it again or argues, simply say, "I'm done discussing the issue."

• Loading the player...
  • Yep definitely pounded. She is bsc and fights with hubby constantly. He and I are on the same page thank god. Yes I think it's just her approach over the years and the inconsideration of her not thinking, maybe I should call, she has a 2 week old. It's always on her schedule, all about her.

Thanks ladies, I need to hear I'm not wrong, I always feel guilty 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Who cares if you were snappy? You just had a baby and are stressed! Shes a mom, she should know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"