Trying to Get Pregnant

Frustrated Newb

Hello everyone!

Wanted to ask other out there, seems like everyone I know got unexpected pregnancies, unlike me.  My husband and I have been ttc for a year, I've charted everything, even used one of those monitors, and my period just keeps coming on schedule.  We are both 25, fit, don't smoke, family history seems good to go, tried every position, made sure we waited until ovulation day to ensure sperms in the right place, tried the opposite, taking vitamins, not drinking, seems like we've tried everything.  Why are we not pregnant?  Is this really how it works?  How do all the,(older than me) women get pregnant right away?

Any help? 

Re: Frustrated Newb

• It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant.  Since you are at that 1 year mark, it is recommended you call your doctor and proceed from there. Since you are charting and healthy, I don't have any advice for you, sorry.  

Good luck.

baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Thanks

I talked to my doctor a few month back and he just brushed me off saying whats the rush, come back in 6 months if you have no luck.  I decided to send my husband in and the (I think same doctor) said to come back in 2 years if no luck. 

I just don't want to miss out on something, if for any reason we can't I want to start looking at alternatives, I know they can take years, soon I'll be 30 not saying OLD, my life plan was to be done having kids by now, I already feel behind

maybe I am just super impatient  ?

• Loading the player...
  • What are you using to chart?   Do you temp?  If you've been trying for a year, it's time to call up your doctor and go from there.

• Sorry you're going throught this. I'm in the same boat and know many others who have been down the same road and ended up getting pregnant on their own. I agree with pp's-call your dr and if your dr is brushing it off, I would get a new one. This board has a lot of useful information that could help you out, so stick around and hopefully you get your bfp soon!  :) 
  • Well I count my days, and used the temp method.  For the last 2 months I got a positive ovulation and had sex with in the 24 hour window and no luck, would that mean there is something with my husband?  Us ladies seem to have more complex parts so I'm just not sure.  I think I may go in to the doctors after Christmas!

Thanks ladies! 

• imagekatelynnguitard:

Well I count my days, and used the temp method.  For the last 2 months I got a positive ovulation and had sex with in the 24 hour window and no luck, would that mean there is something with my husband?  Us ladies seem to have more complex parts so I'm just not sure.  I think I may go in to the doctors after Christmas!

Thanks ladies! 

How often are you having sex?  Just because you get a + doesn't mean that is when you will or did O.  You say you chart and temp, can you link your chart?  No, that does not mean it is something with your H.  Several tests have to be done on both of you before you can determine if there is something to be concerned about.

• imagekatelynnguitard:

Well I count my days, and used the temp method.  For the last 2 months I got a positive ovulation and had sex with in the 24 hour window and no luck, would that mean there is something with my husband?  Us ladies seem to have more complex parts so I'm just not sure.  I think I may go in to the doctors after Christmas!

Thanks ladies! 

Counting days is absolutely useless.  And OPKs show you're gearing up to ovulate, but don't confirm that you have.  When you say you use the temp method, what do you mean?

Are you using a basal body thermometer and taking your temps every day?  Do you use fertilityfriend.com? Have you read 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler?  If you aren't, I would do that ASAP.  

baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • imageBeth&Derek:
    imagekatelynnguitard:

Thanks

I talked to my doctor a few month back and he just brushed me off saying whats the rush, come back in 6 months if you have no luck.  I decided to send my husband in and the (I think same doctor) said to come back in 2 years if no luck. 

I just don't want to miss out on something, if for any reason we can't I want to start looking at alternatives, I know they can take years, soon I'll be 30 not saying OLD, my life plan was to be done having kids by now, I already feel behind

maybe I am just super impatient  ?

If you've really been actively trying for a year, it's ridiculous for your doctor to brush you off. If he won't take your concerns seriously, I'd consider getting myself a new doctor.

Also, stop worrying about your age. You're not going to be 30 soon. You'll be 30 in 5 years. That's a lonYouway away, and even once you get there, it's still not too old to have children.

I would definitely consider changing doctors. If you've been trying for a year you should be checked. That doctor is out of line by saying what's the rush...if you want a baby, and have been trying, THAT is the rush.

Good luck to you. If you don't already, try signing up for FF [you can get there by clicking in my siggy] and start charting and temping through there.

Anniversary

• Yes we've tried that too, we've tried leading up to the date, and just waiting until the actual date and tried everyday (which I know isn't' a good idea but worth a try)
  • imagekatelynnguitard:
    Yes we've tried that too, we've tried leading up to the date, and just waiting until the actual date and tried everyday (which I know isn't' a good idea but worth a try)

If you're only counting days and using OPKs as a guide as to when to begin having sex, you could be missing your FW which could make timing an issue.

• All the ladies above had good advice.  Also, your Dr saying 2 years? F him, time to get a new doc.
  • time to get a new doc! And start testing.

Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility or Fertility Friend? 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • It does feel like everyone else gets pregnant so easy. That is probably not the case for everyone though. I was super impatient for the first couple months of TTC but I am trying to train myself to be patient and just let it happens when it happens. If you and DH have been trying for a year and still no BFP that is when you should call your doctor. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"