October 2011 Moms

Missy-Dragtastic

My nephew M dances at all the Des Moines gay bars, The Garden, Le Boi, Blazing Saddles....

I talked with him quite a while and I was actually pretty impressed.  I not sure if you have watch Ru Paul's drag race but he has worked with a lot of the Queens from there Mimi Imfurst, Tyra Sanchez, Jessica Wild,  Yara Sofia... and has stories to tell.Wink 

If you are curious you can see pictures of him through my FB friends he is  Crimson Michael.

Audrey loves  M to pieces and he told Audrey what he does for a living last night.  I'm not sure if I'm O.K. with that or not.  I'm not ashamed of him at all but I just think this is a little much for a 7 year old to grasp.  They didn't leave each other's sides all day yesterday  it was super cute, he is a pretty sweet guy when he is staying out of trouble.. 

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg

Re: Missy-Dragtastic

• ::barging in::

I guess I wouldn't see anything wrong with him telling her.  Lots of people perform for a living, and so does he.  KWIM?

Did he tell her anything weird?

Also, my sister's cousin was on season 4 doing choreography.  I was so excited! 

• I guesd it depends how he explained it to her.

He looks better in a skirt than i do. Lol

He does it well

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Penny!  I'm actually headed that direction for NYE, although I'm pretty positive DH would not go for seeing drag queens for the occasion.  I looked on his page; very Gaga meets Sharon Needlesesque!  I love RuPaul's drag race.  I'm super pissed my cable took away the channel that plays the show.  Pandora Boxx is probably my favorite Queen from Drag Race. 

I don't see anything wrong with explaining it to your daughter. She probably understands more than you may think.  It may benefit for her to understand it at a personal level, rather than seeing it somewhere and question you on the spot. 

Thanks for the info!  I will let you know if I make my way to see him perform. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• The more I think about it the more ok I am.  I just don't want her blabbing about it to my brother and his wife (on my side) they would probably deem us satanist and  never let their kids play with my kids again, and that would make all the kids very sad.   Family drama sucks.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • imagepennysuedog:
    The more I think about it the more ok I am.nbsp; I just don't want her blabbing about it to my brother and his wife on my side they would probably deem us satanist andnbsp; never let their kids play with my kids again, and that would make all the kids very sad.nbsp;nbsp; Family drama sucks.

Unfortunately, family is chosen for you. Sometimes, family are a holes. My uncle is gay, not a drag queen, but very gay. I realized it when I was around Kindergarten age, before anyone explained it to me. I was relieved the family finally spoke about it out loud. He's fantastic and teaches yoga in Minneapolis too!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"