Multiples
Options

Xp from paif

Hi lladies - DH and I are going to my aunts for Christmas, however we found out yesterday that my  aunts grandson (who will be at her house) has pneumonia. I'm a little weary about going now (depending on if he's out of the hospital or not) because we are within 1-2 weeks of delivery. We are almost certainly looking at NICU time with one of our twins who is IUGR.  I would have to imagine that us being exposed to pneumonia would not be too good before heading into such an uncertain and delicate time.

Am I overreacting and being unreasonable? I never want to be "that person" but I need to look out for my babies first and foremost. Thank you! 

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: Xp from paif

• Options
    I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. Like you said, you have to put your health and the health of those babies first. I believe when you are pregnant you are also more susceptible to things like this, too. If people don't understand that, then they are selfish!
    IUI #1 and #2 = BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN, no frosties

IVF #2 = BFP!! TWINS!!! Born 3/9/12

FET #1 = BFP!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes! I would be really nervous to go too.....and hopefully your family will understand....germs and little babies are just not a good combination! GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say it depends on how he aquired the pneumonia. Was it viral or did he have a cold that progressed to pneumonia etc. In the end though I would think that less exposure to illness in your last couple weeks would be better. Fake an illness yourself to get out of it if you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekrismott25:
    I would say it depends on how he aquired the pneumonia. Was it viral or did he have a cold that progressed to pneumonia etc. In the end though I would think that less exposure to illness in your last couple weeks would be better. Fake an illness yourself to get out of it if you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

This was going to be my suggesion. No need for the family to know you are staying away becuase of the pneumonia.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"