September 2012 Moms

I never knew

Baking could take so long! Between a baby who needs to be put to sleep, fed and bathed when he pees on his own face it took 10 hours yesterday and I still have two things to finish today. And FYI I should never open a bakery you should see the chocolate on the outside of my cake pops, it's a little embarrassing!

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I never knew

• I seriously don't know how all you ladies are making so much baking happen! I can still cook, and do so daily... but I can not make much baking happen. It's too time sensitive. Good for you!

So what'd you bake!?! Entice me with all the things I can't eat. 

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• Forget baking, I'm just trying to fit in christmas shopping and present wrapping. Baking with a 3 month old = best mum ever.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've become obsessed with baking lately.  If the cookies need to come out, Millie gets to chill on the floor for a bit.

If she cries, I sing her songs from the kitchen.  Good bebe.

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekristyandruss:

I seriously don't know how all you ladies are making so much baking happen! I can still cook, and do so daily... but I can not make much baking happen. It's too time sensitive. Good for you!

So what'd you bake!?! Entice me with all the things I can't eat. 

I bake with DD1 while DD2 naps :)

So far this week we have made 5 dozen butter tarts, a huge batch of sugar cookies (decorated after Stella went to bed), and banana bread with cinnamon butter.  Today we are making mini apple loafs and possibly some chocolate chip cookies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Made hot chocolate cookies, red velvet crinkles, molasses, sugar cookie bars, snowball cookies, Oreo and red velvet cake pops and apricot and berry cheesecake pockets.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• I discovered as well that it's not as easy as one would think! My sister and I decided to make sugar cookies and butter tarts with my 2 month old and her 9 month old. That was not fun. I think it took us twice as long. My DS kept crying her daughter kept crawling around and getting into everything in my house that she shouldn't be into. We thought she would be contained in my living room part because it's sunken and has two steps to get out, but she mastered that apparently!

• I tried to make cake pops for my sons kindergarten class for his 6th birthday. They were absolutely terrible. It looked like a class of 6 year olds made them! They tasted great so we kept them for ourselves and made some safe cupcakes for him to take to school.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Tomorrow is my day of baking and treat making. DH is in charge of E for the day since I have cake balls, rice crispy treats, carmel chocolate dipped pretzels and chocolate covered oreos to make. Monday should be fun too, since I have to prep, set up and cook everything for Christmas eve with the family while keeping E happy all afternoon. I'm really hoping for a few long naps to help me get things done.

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:
    Baking could take so long! Between a baby who needs to be put to sleep, fed and bathed when he pees on his own face it took 10 hours yesterday and I still have two things to finish today. And FYI I should never open a bakery you should see the chocolate on the outside of my cake pops, it's a little embarrassing!

Don't worry about it. I used to work in a bakery and there's lots of oops's that no one ever sees. They just get eaten by the staff or used as samples.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh gosh I experienced that this week. It took me three days to make my peanut butter kiss cookies.
  • imageGR8TDANEMOM:
    Made hot chocolate cookies, red velvet crinkles, molasses, sugar cookie bars, snowball cookies, Oreo and red velvet cake pops and apricot and berry cheesecake pockets.

That would take be all day even without a kid.

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:
    Made hot chocolate cookies, red velvet crinkles, molasses, sugar cookie bars, snowball cookies, Oreo and red velvet cake pops and apricot and berry cheesecake pockets.

That would take be all day even without a kid.

• It killing me too. I took two days to make those yummy salted carmel bars someone shared the recipe for and bourbon balls. I was up until 1 on one of the days finishing the bars and the balls aren't rolled yet. It's like she knows. I wanna make some more. I may attempt it after Christmas when we get home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"