Parenting

So Amazing (PIP)

It is so hard to put into words how much this little girl has made me feel in the last 10 hours. She is absolutely perfect in my eyes (as most parents feel about their children) and no one could prepare me for the sheer amount of emotion I feel. I am so in love. 

I'll spare all of the details- long story short, after 15 hours after breaking her water and starting her on Pitocin, she dilated only 3cm. Her BP was high most of the day and her temp was rising- so at 10PM we opted for the csection.

So at 11:04, Evelyn Diane was born at 6lbs 4oz and 19 inches long. I cried. I laughed. Love at first sight does exist.

I had the presence of mind to record my first interaction with her as one of the nurses was cleaning her up. She was wailing as to be expected and I didn't know what to do... so I just kept saying "Hey! Hi there!" over and over. Once she heard my voice over her crying- she went completely silent, turned her head to me , and stared right at me. That instant we connected and I knew she recognized me. I will never forget that moment and I am so glad I recorded it.

Oh and I did skin-to-skin and people were right. It was amazing. I had her sleeping against my chest and she her hand was idly gripping, pulling, and playing with my chest hair. It was so amazing. 

Anyhow, what everyone was waiting for.. Pics! I picked my Top 7 from our dozens we took lol.

Pediatrician is checking her out now- so I had some time to post.

My life is so awesome now.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So Amazing (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"