October 2012 Moms

Primal scream

Anyone believe in it or have their babies do it?

I wasn't sure I believed in it or that I would happen until tonight. Just a bit ago I was changing baby H for bed. He was laying nakey on his changing table and all of a sudden let out two intense high, high pitched screams. It scared the day lights out of me. I immediately picked him up and started crying. That moment was the closest I have ever come to what I am assuming heart failure would be like.

Anyone else have this happen to them? How did you react?

Re: Primal scream

• What is a primal scream? Google isn't being much of a help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kaley did it in her sleep once. Scared the hell out of me. I snatch her up so fast and she went back to sleep. Crazy!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageShabyKitty:
    What is a primal scream? Google isn't being much of a help.

Noun
    A release of intense basic frustration, anger, and aggression, esp. that rediscovered by means of primal therapy.
    Married '02, TTC May '05

Dx -Ute cancer, DOR from cancer treatments, and embryo quality issues. NOV 2010 CANCER FREE
    2005-2011= 3 Rounds of Clomid, 5 IUI's, 3 IVF's- ALL BFN's
    After 7yrs TTC, 5yrs of ute cancer, and 11 failed IF treatments, we got a surprise BFP! So thankful!

Gemma Grace born 09/30/12

Phillipians 4:6,7

• What Jamie said. Also, my mom and grandma believe that every person as a baby has their primal scream, or something similar. It's just a way to get things out of their system the only way they know how, which is the cry or scream.

It makes sense to me because there is such a large communication barrier and all they want is to be understood.

But man alive is it scary!!
  • L did it once when we were getting ready for a bath he saw his dad with crazy messy hair and he screamed at the top of his lungs, it was weird.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"